PDA

View Full Version : IDF Develops Spy Robot Snake with 'Suicide' Capability

perocity
03-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Sorry if repost saw this story some time ago.

IDF Develops Spy Robot Snake with 'Suicide' Capability
(IsraelNN.com) The Authority for Research and Development of Weapons in the Defense Ministry has developed a robot snake fitted with video and audio equipment that advances on the ground into enemy positions for intelligence collection. It can be used for special forces stealth operations, for crawling through Hamas tunnels or into Hizbullah bunkers. In addition, it could be used for locating survivors inside collapsed buildings after natural disasters or terror attacks.

The six-foot long snake can also be fitted with explosives and detonated inside enemy positions -- a capability dubbed as 'suicide.' The snake is currently in the prototype stage of development and has no price tag yet, but the Defense Ministry plans to begin production on a large scale soon.

According to a report on Channel 2, the snake can crawl into enemy positions through sewage pipes, under buildings and through forests. It is operated by one person with a laptop computer.

bobdina
03-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Somewhere on the front page there is a video of it. At least there was prior to my absence. Don't worry about reposts here in the forums , just check the first page of where you want to post it(where the threads are located) and if you don't see anything go ahead and post. Don't forget we get new members everyday and they might not search back 6 months to read articles so those guy's would miss something like this. Plus a newer article on the subject may have more info on it. By the way keep up those good posts. Bob

dmaxx3500
03-28-2010, 01:02 PM
i wonder how small we could make it ,could we get it to wrap around the ememys arms or legs? then go boom

ianstone
03-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Fantastic potential,
you could use it to crawl through the sewer. To see if the wife is still awake when you get home four hours late, well oiled on your anniversary.
Maybe I'm just a cynic?

dmaxx3500
03-28-2010, 05:21 PM
or you could use it as an early device,so you can sleep with-out her cutting off ''mr winky'' while you sleep after coming home 4 hr late