PDA

View Full Version : Funny of the week

rocky5544
03-26-2010, 11:52 AM
I know this is not military humor and I appologize for that, but could not resist sharing this with my friends here at Apache. Never know, may be some here that will benefit by this article..........

Posted today via FoxNews

Ten years of research and development has led to an astounding development in Australian: the world's first electronic underpants.

Simavita, an Australian electronics company today, has just announced what it claims are the world's first electronic underpants -- an incontinence aid that can send a text message should the wearer experience an incident.

Designed for the elderly and infirm, the SIMsystem will be used in homes for the aged across New South Wales state to monitor incontinence after successful trials in Victoria, reported News.com.au.

"Incontinence management is a key area in which innovative technologies can benefit aged care," said Simavita chief executive officer Philippa Lewis. "We developed the system to provide greater comfort and dignity to the elderly while aiming to significantly lower costs for aged care facilities."

Simavita said its underpants have a disposable element similar to a regular incontinence pad and include a detachable transmitter that relays readings from the pad's sensor strip over a wireless network to a central computer.

Alerts are sent via text message or over the institution's paging system.

More than 90 percent of Australians living in elderly care facilities are believed to suffer from incontinence -- a problem that currently requires staff to carry out frequent manual checks throughout the day.

I can just see how this will work.

Older person sleeping in bed or walking somewhere or even just sitting down enjoying their senior coffee and senior biscuit at Burger King. It would go something like this:

Group of ederly people sitting at the BK table enjoying the meal when all of a sudden.......

tweet........Tweet..........tweet

One of them looks sheepishly around at the table and announces someone is messaging them.

They take out their cell phone and open the message area only to see.,,,,,,,

Incoming message from: Your underwear
Subject: I'm dirty

Message: Sorry to inconveniance you my dear, dear owner. But I must sadly inform you that you have soiled yourself without knowing it. If you would please move to the closest bathroom, all while taking all necessary precautions not to drip any of the waste, and remove me from you private areas. Then, if you would, please replace this soiled pair with a clean pair so that you can be notified if any further accidents occur.

Thanks for your immediate response to this text message!

Best regards,
Underwear

nastyleg
03-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Lol wow