PDA

View Full Version : 8000 ARMY TO BE MADE Redundant

ianstone
03-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Only the British Army,say fight and die for your country, then, "maybe" your 1 of 8000 to be laid off redundant. What utter Bastards. They don't deserve such warriors

GTFPDQ
03-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Whats your source, Ian? All the official reports say that approx 500 will go.

There are times when a skimming the fat off makes a difference. 500 redundancies could make way for 500 higher achievers to move up.

MickDonalds
03-25-2010, 06:43 PM
They're doing the same thing here in the US too. They do what's called "Up or Out" which means that after 20 years time, you either promote, or you walk into the sunset for retirement. We're also getting rid of the "undesirables" aka: Broke dicks that can't deploy because they're "hurrrrrrt"

ianstone
03-26-2010, 06:13 AM
Hi there,
my source is;
this weeks publilished 25/03/10 of the, Surrey Hants,Star Courier For Aldershot,Camberley,Farnbourgh, Fleet, Yateley, Sandhurst, Mychett and Blackwater.
With two of those towms on that list you can see the local interest is this story. So it is our local Rag Tel 01483508700. I hope that helps

Have double checked the 5000 + 3000 is correct.

Stark
03-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Can I please have a list of Politician sons and or daughters deployed in either Iraq or Afghanistan?

bobdina
03-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Here's something from our side of the pond.

Air Force to Trim 5,750 People by 2012
March 26, 2010
Stars and Stripes|by Jeff Schogol

ARLINGTON, Va. — The Air Force is looking to get rid of about 5,750 people by fiscal 2012.

With the economy still lagging, retention is at a 15-year high. The Air Force has more than 335,000 airmen right now, well above its fiscal 2010 authorized active-duty end-strength of 331,700, service officials said.

The Air Force is on track to end this fiscal year 4,800 people above its authorized end-strength, prompting it to announce new voluntary and involuntary measures to get enlisted airmen and officers in overmanned specialties to leave, said Brig Gen. Sharon Dunbar.

Therefore, the Air Force is looking to cut 1,373 enlisted airmen and 4,373 officers by fiscal 2012, said Dunbar, director of force management policy.

Officers in some Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSCs) with too many people will be able to take voluntary separation pay, twice severance pay, until June 30, Dunbar said. If not enough officers take the money, the service will hold Reduction In Force boards for officers in certain AFSCs who have between six and 12 years of service.

Officers separated through a RIF board will get severance pay, but not the extra voluntary separation pay.

The Air Force may also have to also separate officers in certain AFSCs who were commissioned in 2006 and 2007, Dunbar said. Those officers would not be eligible for any separation pay.

Also, the Air Force is letting lieutenant colonels twice passed over for promotion and colonels with four or more years of service retire early. If that does not produce enough needed personnel reductions, the service will hold a Selective Early Retirement Board, Dunbar said.

For those enlisted airmen who can’t or won’t re-enlist in fiscal 2011, their separation dates are being moved up from next fiscal year to this April, June or August, said John Park, chief of the service’s force management division.

Through this, the Air Force expects to separate 1,000 airmen this fiscal year and 500 in fiscal 2011, Park said. The service will not offer voluntary separation pay to enlisted airmen right now.

The current downsizing is much less severe than the Air Force force shaping program announced in 2002, in which the service planned to cut 40,000 airmen to pay for expensive aircraft.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates put a halt to those personnel cuts in summer 2008 and authorized the service to grow to 330,000.

By November, the service was looking to end this fiscal year 3,700 airmen over its active-duty end-strength, so it announced a series of initiatives to get people to leave, but only 654 airmen have done so, officials said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is in danger?

Selective Early Retirement Board categories
Line of the Air Force
Line of the Air Force — Judge Advocate General Chaplain
Medical Service Corps

Air Force Specialty Codes and year groups (2006, 2007) eligible for force shaping board
Space and Missiles
Weather
Aircraft maintenance
Force support
Operations research analyst
Behavioral scientists
Chemists
Special investigations

Voluntary Separation Pay/Reduction in Force eligible (1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004)
Space and missiles
Weather
Aircraft maintenance
Communications and information
Force support
Chaplains
Behavioral scientists
Chemists
Financial management

DefensorFortis
04-01-2010, 07:48 AM
They forgot to mention "undesirables" like me who didn't get a 50 on the ASVAB. Hate those S.O.B. mother fuckers!

ianstone
04-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Do I detect a hint of bitterness there ?

DefensorFortis
04-01-2010, 10:46 AM
What gave it away?

ianstone
04-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Just like me, one can be a tad forthright.
In other words you get sick of being shit on when you have given your best.
By people who do know better! ! !

DefensorFortis
04-01-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't give a shit about the rationality of why any military should drop its soldiers who are not out of line and are prime examples of what the best of the best should be. Also, candidates who knowingly are applying for a job which could get them killed or injured, who fit the bill should be given a break instead of being jerked around.

GTFPDQ
04-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Still cant find a decent reference to 8000 redundancies.

And Ian, I love your spirit but can you quit with the big red type, it ruins my chill man!