PDA

View Full Version : Red, White and Blue or Yellow?

ianstone
03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00450/forces_article_head_450624a.gif (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/)

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01011/280_1011795a.jpg 'No one's favourite' ... Liam Davies

COWARDLY soldier Liam Davies repeatedly did a runner from his regiment to avoid fighting in Afghanistan, a court martial heard.

And as the 21-year-old private laid low in Britain, five of his comrades were killed and 20 badly wounded during a deadly six-month tour of duty.
Last night Davies was behind bars after he admitted two counts of desertion and one of going absent without leave.
He was given a total of 32 months in prison and kicked out of the Army.
Judge Advocate Emma Peters told him he had been selfish and added: "Your comrades had the courage to do what you did not."
Davies, of Chesterfield, Derbyshire, fled for the first time as soon as the 2nd Battalion The Mercian Regiment prepared to deploy to wartorn Helmand province.
In total his absences - one triggered by a fear of being ostracised by his comrades - added up to seven months and seven days.
Solicitor Lewis Cherry told the hearing in Colchester, Essex: "He is totally unsatisfactory as a soldier. He is no one's favourite."
Another Mercian private, Geoffrey Knowles, was given 18 months detention for failing to return to Afghanistan after leave.
He was found hiding in his dad's loft.

j.kay@the-sun.co.uk

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/2906162/Army-deserter-jailed-for-32-months-at-court-martal-in-Colchester.html#ixzz0jCrVwhbf

Who knows why, he did what he did. All I know is a hero dies once and a coward a thousand times. You be the judge?

Toki
03-25-2010, 01:08 PM
If you're going to join why disrespect your country and pussy out? This pisses me off just as bad as soldiers who join and cry about how bad the military is.

nastyleg
03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
They go in for one thing (money,fame, college..ect...)but when they dont get it they run.

DefensorFortis
04-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Just what I was thinking, why join if you are just going to get cold feet and run out?

pondo22
04-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I remember quite clearly shitting myself of the thought of being deployed in the first Gulf War........but never would I have fucked off without going out there, as it was we were sent to Africa instead (we were still told that if the ground war was taking to long we would be shipped from Kenya straight to the Gulf) I don't hate the guy in this story I just pity him for not being strong enough to do his duty. He never should have joined the Army......he must have known growing up he had the back bone of a fucking kit kat, folds quicker than Bat Mans cape on washing day......and all that.....twat!

pixelpollen
04-02-2010, 06:25 PM
EVERY ONE thinks they got what it takes....everyone.

I dont hate this guy for what he has done. If anything for himself personnally he has won, he is alive, he will have a family a future and many of those who did have what it takes are dead or badly hurt.

He just found out the hardway and its sad more than anything else, sad for him and sad for those who were unlucky.

pixelpollen
04-02-2010, 06:41 PM
I wanted to add to this.

Soliders, young lads sign up for a thrill knowing (albiet without the full understanding of an aged fellow) they might have to fight in a war.

Classicly there thinking Gulf war 1, Falklands, perhaps Vietnam or even like the movies. Knowing who the enemy is and practising shooting targets of them.

Its very different from looking at civvies and thinking does this C**t have a shitload C4 with nails strapped to him or is that lump of earth going to blow my legs off.

You always hear interviews with these guys over there, they ralerly see the talibs but they do see a lot of IEDs.

This is scary shit.

nastyleg
04-03-2010, 03:45 AM
I wanted to add to this.

Soliders, young lads sign up for a thrill knowing (albiet without the full understanding of an aged fellow) they might have to fight in a war.

Classicly there thinking Gulf war 1, Falklands, perhaps Vietnam or even like the movies. Knowing who the enemy is and practising shooting targets of them.

Its very different from looking at civvies and thinking does this C**t have a shitload C4 with nails strapped to him or is that lump of earth going to blow my legs off.

You always hear interviews with these guys over there, they ralerly see the talibs but they do see a lot of IEDs.

This is scary shit.

Cunt its okay to say cunt here we promise not to call the 5-0 on you

pixelpollen
04-03-2010, 04:28 AM
hmm sounds like your calling me a Cunt there....

nastyleg
04-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Lol nah just free speech here is enjoyed by all

pondo22
04-03-2010, 10:34 AM
It that case..delete my last....the guy is a cunt.