PDA

View Full Version : Indian military to weaponize world's hottest chili

nastyleg
03-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Indian military to weaponize world's hottest chili

GAUHATI, India – The Indian military has a new weapon against terrorism: the world's hottest chili.

After conducting tests, the military has decided to use the thumb-sized "bhut jolokia," or "ghost chili," to make tear gas-like hand grenades to immobilize suspects, defense officials said Tuesday.

The bhut jolokia was accepted by Guinness World Records in 2007 as the world's spiciest chili. It is grown and eaten in India's northeast for its taste, as a cure for stomach troubles and a way to fight the crippling summer heat.

It has more than 1,000,000 Scoville units, the scientific measurement of a chili's spiciness. Classic Tabasco sauce ranges from 2,500 to 5,000 Scoville units, while jalapeno peppers measure anywhere from 2,500 to 8,000.

"The chili grenade has been found fit for use after trials in Indian defense laboratories, a fact confirmed by scientists at the Defense Research and Development Organization," Col. R. Kalia, a defense spokesman in the northeastern state of Assam, told The Associated Press.

"This is definitely going to be an effective nontoxic weapon because its pungent smell can choke terrorists and force them out of their hide-outs," R. B. Srivastava, the director of the Life Sciences Department at the New Delhi headquarters of the DRDO said.

Srivastava, who led a defense research laboratory in Assam, said trials are also on to produce bhut jolokia-based aerosol sprays to be used by women against attackers and for the police to control and disperse mobs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_india_chili_grenades

Mel
03-23-2010, 01:17 PM
That's pretty ingenious.

nastyleg
03-23-2010, 01:23 PM
even better than the 10% OC spray

Reactor-Axe-Man
03-25-2010, 01:05 AM
I've had first hand experience with the Ghost Pepper.

DO. NOT. FUCK. WITH. IT.

EVER.

Reactor-Axe-Man
03-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Ever.

Reactor-Axe-Man
03-25-2010, 01:06 AM
I mean it.

nastyleg
03-25-2010, 01:26 AM
My mind says no but my taste buds and curiousity say yes

Reactor-Axe-Man
03-25-2010, 03:19 AM
My mind says no but my taste buds and curiousity say yes

You really want to know what it's like?

Imagine the hottest thing you've ever eaten. Remember the burn you felt? The way the sweat beaded on your forehead, the way your nose began to run, the tingle of pain?

Imagine that happening in the first second or two after you eat the Ghost Pepper.

Then imagine all of that heat and pain INCREASING in intensity each second thereafter. Within seconds you have left the heat continuum and now exist only in a WORLD OF PAIN. Nothing you do eases this pain. Nothing. Drinking milk offers a sliver of relief only in the instant the milk is in contact with the flesh of your mouth and throat. Once it is gone, the burn and the PAIN return, but with a vengeance. Your throat constricts. You cannot speak. Your saliva, copiously flowing forth from your glands in a futile attempt to fight the heat, is transmuted by the pepper into liquid fire and turned against you, coursing down your raw, burned throat like a river of lava.

This pain reaches its peak within seconds of eating. The nerve endings in your mouth and throat which conduct pain become saturated at this point, and there is nothing else that can affect them further. This is what allows lunatics to keep chomping on Ghost Peppers and 'food' made with them - there is literally no place deeper into Hell that you can go to at this point. You have reached a Plateau of Agony that lasts undiminished for TEN MINUTES after eating. TEN MINUTES. Only after ten minutes does the pain begin to slowly fade in intensity. It will take an HOUR before you stop feeling it completely.

The Pepper continues its evil work on your stomach. You will feel nauseous to some degree for eight to twelve hours after eating. This varies from a slight unsettled feeling that does not go away to requiring a full bottle of Pepto Bismol to stop the explosive discharge of your bowels. Effects vary between people and their level of pepper consumption.

There does not seem to be any Ring of Fire involved in the aftermath. It appears that the Ghost Pepper's agony is entirely front-loaded.

nastyleg
03-25-2010, 01:33 PM
and that is why i want to try it...to feel the intensity you just described in great detail. I wanna know how I will react (propably cry).

Mel
03-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Damn Ax-Man.....That discription is almost like a short novel. You could put that in paperback. Also sounds like it came from experience.

Reactor-Axe-Man
03-26-2010, 09:16 PM
and that is why i want to try it...to feel the intensity you just described in great detail. I wanna know how I will react (propably cry).

It's your funeral, 'Leg!

Reactor-Axe-Man
03-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Damn Ax-Man.....That discription is almost like a short novel. You could put that in paperback. Also sounds like it came from experience.

Painful experience.

I'll say this though - for the first couple seconds before the heat became unbearable, it had a good flavor.

nastyleg
03-27-2010, 01:30 AM
It's your funeral, 'Leg!

Some people learn the hard way. Like me.