PDA

View Full Version : Question pertaining to new clips (Apache FLIR)

Pittsburgh
03-17-2010, 01:02 PM
First, by no means would I ever question how these apache pilots go about their jobs, but I do have a question simply because I don't know the answer...

In the first video when there were around 14 scumbags all lined up like little duckies, why not drop a hellfire missile? Was it because the apache was not currently armed with hellfires or was it because they were near a village and feared collateral damage? I did not see a village anywhere in the vicinity, so I'm guessing it was because they were not armed?

Thanks.

Sixx
03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
First, by no means would I ever question how these apache pilots go about their jobs, but I do have a question simply because I don't know the answer...

In the first video when there were around 14 scumbags all lined up like little duckies, why not drop a hellfire missile? Was it because the apache was not currently armed with hellfires or was it because they were near a village and feared collateral damage? I did not see a village anywhere in the vicinity, so I'm guessing it was because they were not armed?

Thanks.

I believe collateral damage was the reason, But I'm not 100%

Pittsburgh
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM
I believe collateral damage was the reason, But I'm not 100%

Thanks, much appreciated PzychoSixx.

nastyleg
03-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I agree collateral damage. even 7" rockets would have been too great of a risk. ROE the ever changing fucking thorn in the side now hinders the use of hellfires in populated areas.

JOG12
03-17-2010, 04:01 PM
At the beginning of the vid, one of the apache pilots said that the Taliban were 200 meters from the nearest Kalat. A Kalat is a Afghan house, where civilians live. They don't want to cause any destroyed property or kill non-combatants. Funny thing is that the Taliban are the ones who are causing most of this collateral damage.

Pittsburgh
03-17-2010, 04:12 PM
At the beginning of the vid, one of the apache pilots said that the Taliban were 200 meters from the nearest Kalat. A Kalat is a Afghan house, where civilians live. They don't want to cause any destroyed property or kill non-combatants. Funny thing is that the Taliban are the ones who are causing most of this collateral damage.

Ah, ok. Thanks JOG12. That's what I was looking for.

Markoxx
03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
collateral damage and they wanted to make sure these guys were taliban, about not finish em with hellfires so I dont know maybe they knew these guys are dead anyway and its much cheaper to kill em with 30 mike mike.

JOG12
03-17-2010, 04:26 PM
collateral damage and they wanted to make sure these guys were taliban, about not finish em with hellfires so I dont know maybe they knew these guys are dead anyway and its much cheaper to kill em with 30 mike mike.

Maybe much more fun? XD Target practice time.

Scott
03-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Simple Reasons why they did not Engage first time Around

1: They had to identify they we're taliban before Engaging
2: Collateral Damage , the ROE is always changing and its shit.
3: Hellfire is costly and isn't fun when a crowd of enemys get blown to pieces theres simply no fun in it
4: 30MM is alot cheaper and awesome to see in action, not to mention its target practice and fun fun fun!

They done an outstanding job.