PDA

View Full Version : army with eczema?

asoccerdude113
03-15-2010, 04:55 PM
A buddy of mine said that you cant enlist in the US army if you have eczema. I have it on my elbows and hands but you cant even notice it because i have a prescription lotion. i can go about a week before i have to apply more sometimes. Id like to try and become an army pilot and i don't see how eczema would be a problem for me if i was on a base most of the time.

So is this true that i cant join? If i cant join the army could i join other parts of the military like air force or navy?

MickDonalds
03-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Here's the thing to do:

DON'T CLAIM A THING WHEN YOU GO TO THE MEPS TO ENLIST.

Don't admit to it, don't say a word. If you break out during Basic Training (because you will, because you won't have access to your lotion), the Drill Sergeants will send you to the Troop Medical Clinic, and they'll fix you up. like it's no big deal.

Mums the word. Don't say ANYTHING. Not to your recruiter, not to anybody.

Sixx
03-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah exactly what Mick said.

Do not admit to shit...nothing. I got a hernia right after my induction physical lol...But I kept that shit a secret through basic. Granted Air Force Basic is not all hooah and shit like the Army or Marine basic training. But it sucked like a motherfucker trying to run...do push-ups and sit-ups.

I feel your pain, I have Psoriasis on my fucking elbows.

I think you'll be ok. People look all fucked up during basic anyway. If somehow you cant get your medicated shit...try your best using vaseline or aquaphor, It'll be red but it wont be itchy and dry and wont look as bad.

Good luck Bro

asoccerdude113
03-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the advice, i think its one of the most bull shit reasons not to be accepted in the army it really bummed me out. lol that must have sucked Pzycho.

Sixx
03-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the advice, i think its one of the most bull shit reasons not to be accepted in the army it really bummed me out. lol that must have sucked Pzycho.

Yeah, Just remember don't admit to shit and I'd try to get my civilian medical records and keep them under lock and key. So the military couldn't get you for fraudulent enlistment. But I honestly do not forsee any problems for you. I knew a person who enlisted that had cancer lol, And got away with it. I honestly do not know how that was possible...

asoccerdude113
03-18-2010, 11:05 PM
yea ill definitely keep that in mind when im talking to my recruiter.

wow thats crazy getting in with cancer lol.

If i were to try and reenlist would they be like NO or would they be like what the heck why not.

joelee
03-18-2010, 11:21 PM
NEVER admit to anything they can't prove. Once you are there say oops, didn't know. Good luck Bro. And once you are in, and they have invested money in training you, they will definately keep you if you are squared away in everything else.