PDA

View Full Version : I have been whacked by bozos on capital hill

DefensorFortis
02-26-2010, 12:29 PM
I finally enlisted in the Air Force on 2/19. I swore in, I qualified for the job I wanted, and everything was going great! Just now I got a phone call from my recruiter that I have been just discharged from the delayed entry program because some fucking bozos on capital hill decided to save a few bucks by discharging people out of the service, including people who just enlisted! I am so fucking pissed and I don't know what I want to do to those fucking greedy rat bastard son of bitches on capital hill! If any of you have been whacked by the bozos on capital hill I share your pain. Let us know how pissed off you are just like I am right this fucking instance!

Sixx
02-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Say what? I never heard of that before....especially with the USAF.
Give us some more info, Once you calmed down.

I always thought once you signed the papers and swore the oath you were good to hook.

DefensorFortis
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Sorry I was lunatic PzychoSixx. My recruiter told me that the Air Force is overbooked with people and that in order to cut back on spending and save a few bucks they would have to discharge people who recently enlisted. The people who are on the chopping block are the ones who got less than a 50 on the ASVAB. I took the ASVAB twice and I got a score of 49 on my first test and then I got a 45 on my second test. So no suprise there that I got whacked after my recruiter told me the situation. My recruiter also told me that they still will accept people into the AF but they are only accepting people with bachelors degrees and you have to get a 93 or better on the ASVAB.

scoutsout80
02-26-2010, 01:07 PM
49 on the ASVAB.....you are a lunatic, are you sure it was not AFQT?

DefensorFortis
02-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes I know 100% it was the ASVAB and not the AFQT. The reason I took the ASVAB twice is because the Air Force has a retest policy that basically says if you don't score better than a 50 on the ASVAB we want you take it again so you don't have to clean toliets on the air base for the next twenty years of your life. The weird thing is that I scored better on the MAGE on my second ASVAB that I got a 45 on.

Sixx
02-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Nah Bro, no need to apologize...I am a lunatic myself. I know it's hard to explain details while enraged....so that's what I meant.

I take it you signed up for SF? I cannot understand this....If so, We are hurting for enlisted personnel bad because we still cannot retain them....Either they get booted out within the first year or they do not reenlist.
Man, I never heard of that shit...

And you'll be scrubbing toilets anyway once you make it......Until you put some rank on and delegate.

DO NOT GIVE UP....try to contact another recruiter, even if you have to go to a different area.
You only need to score a 35 in GENERAL for SF...I think

I've heard about them being dicks about the AFQT..but not the asvab.

And also If you did sign up for Security Forces by choice.....tell me why you picked that AFSC?

DefensorFortis
02-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the support PzychoSixx. My username probably gave away the fact I chose SF. I picked SF because I liked that "We're the infantry of the Air Force" mentality and also because I just want to have a weapon in my hands, and be outdoors and do something that doesn't involve pushing pens. I am already ahead of you with contacting another recruiter; but this time it is an Army recruiter. If the Air Force decides not to take me back for good, I still want to be in the military and the Army looks like a good back up option to me. I forgot to mention that my recruiter said it COULD be 3 or 4 months and this whole discharging enlistees thing blows over, the AF will be looking for people and they could take me back. I am hoping to God that this whole thing does blow over and I can get back in. But I am planning for the worst and that's where the Army would come in.

Sixx
02-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the support PzychoSixx. My username probably gave away the fact I chose SF. I picked SF because I liked that "We're the infantry of the Air Force" mentality and also because I just want to have a weapon in my hands, and be outdoors and do something that doesn't involve pushing pens. I am already ahead of you with contacting another recruiter; but this time it is an Army recruiter. If the Air Force decides not to take me back for good, I still want to be in the military and the Army looks like a good back up option to me. I forgot to mention that my recruiter said it COULD be 3 or 4 months and this whole discharging enlistees thing blows over, the AF will be looking for people and they could take me back. I am hoping to God that this whole thing does blow over and I can get back in. But I am planning for the worst and that's where the Army would come in.

Cool Cool, Security Forces is an awesome underrated career field.......I have no regrets in chosing it. However it is not for everyone...lol I found out the hard way and had to adapt rather quickly.

You will put in some serious hours...Mostly 12 hour shifts that are in reality 15-18 hour shifts. You will be shit on repeatedly until the rank of Technical Sergeant...you'll still get shit on, but you'll have some pull by then. Ass-kissing is required in Security Forces or you will get a "4" rating on your enlisted performance report. You will see a lot of shady shit that you might question.

You will not get away from pen pushing in the SF career field....You will all ways be reporting on something and it increases with rank, and also as a new Airman you are required to study and pass a career course examination along with standardization evaluations.

What I would do if I were you is keep trying for Security Forces, Once at your first duty station try to get some deployments in and then try to cross-train into K-9. You would have a blast.
I loved it and have had some awesome experiences.

DefensorFortis
02-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Wow! Thanks for the reality check. My recruiter brought in one of the people that he had recruited about like a year ago who had gone into SF to tell me all about it. That guy didn't give me half of the info that you gave me. But I did know that there would be some ass-kissing involved or as my recruiter put it "volunteering" work. I have to ask, what kind of shady shit goes on? I never really would have guessed it with SF but everything is not what it seems.

Sixx
02-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Wow! Thanks for the reality check. My recruiter brought in one of the people that he had recruited about like a year ago who had gone into SF to tell me all about it. That guy didn't give me half of the info that you gave me. But I did know that there would be some ass-kissing involved or as my recruiter put it "volunteering" work. I have to ask, what kind of shady shit goes on? I never really would have guessed it with SF but everything is not what it seems.

Well I'm not trying to discourage you....I am SF to the core, However recruiters do not tell the full story on anything. Since Security Forces requires a lower score....All the wash-out failures from other tech schools go to SF or cooking. We are the bottom of the barrel. However Security Forces are strict and your every move will be scrutinized until you prove your self....Most dirtbags get kicked out within their first years.

As for shady shit....Well that comes with any job actually, But it seems within Security Forces it is vicious....You have to make sure your ass is covered 24-7. I'm not going to get into specifics. Just keep yourself squared away and watch your six...There will be someone gunning for you at all times, Unless you become a SF super troop prodigy.....then you'll have it made.

And if you get stationed working with nukes....Try to get orders to a new base ASAP. You do not want to work nukes, trust me. It seems people that work nukes their first base do not reenlist.

Were are one the few career fields that act "military" in the USAF.

As for volunteering....which is actually called "voluntold" you have no choice in the matter.
Big thing with Security Forces is EPR's (Enlisted Evaluation Reports) it is your performance report done annually. You will hear "EPR Bullets" all the time...which are bullet statements for the report.

You need to volunteer or be voluntold to do things to achieve these bullets. Example " -Airman Jones volunteered 538 hours of his off duty time scrubbing shit off the walls at the local humane society greatly improving the living conditions for those mangy less than fortunate animals".

Shit like that. Basically If you do not get all 5's on your EPR's you will not make it....You will not get the good jobs within SF, Get recognition or be promoted.

DefensorFortis
02-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Damn! When the time comes that you have to do some "special duty assignment" I really think you would make a good recruiter. My recruiter is and I am quoting the Air Force liasion at the MEPS " A doofus". My recruiter never really gave me all the deatails about security forces or the Air Force in general. I guess I was just another recruiting quota for him so he could get his big paycheck for being unprofessional and doing nothing important with his time. You on the other hand seem pretty damn professional and you know the Air Force and SF like the back of your hand. But this is just a suggestion for you. I am hopeful that in 3 or 4 months the Air Force decideds to take back all the people that they screwed over with this big witch hunt discharging of people to save a few bucks here and there.

angusnra
02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Join the Marine Corps like I did. If you scored a 49 on the ASVAB, you'll be the smartest Marine the world has ever seen.
And Pussy-Gathering Missions are a thousand times more successful than fly-boys anyhow. (At ease, Pzycho Sixx-insert chuckle here)
Seriously though, visit your options. Just remember, Dress Blues=POON.
P.S. Don't ever get married while you're in. EVER. You want to be in the same country when your old lady gets knocked-up.

sparkie
02-28-2010, 07:53 AM
"Join the Marine Corps like I did. If you scored a 49 on the ASVAB, you'll be the smartest Marine the world has ever seen."

That is about the most pathetic statement I have read around here. If you served at all it must have been in shitbird mode. Just my opinion.

Sixx
02-28-2010, 11:39 AM
"Join the Marine Corps like I did. If you scored a 49 on the ASVAB, you'll be the smartest Marine the world has ever seen."

That is about the most pathetic statement I have read around here. If you served at all it must have been in shitbird mode. Just my opinion.

Oh shit, I just re-read that comment....I went straight to the pussy-gathering-mode part, I didn't see the "smartest Marine" part lol.

I'll stay out of this one....as I am not a Marine :P

And I cant knock a score of 49. I barely graduated high school(not because of intellect, I just didn't care and I was a hoodlum).....I had some seriously bad test taking skills.
Someone was looking out for me the day I took my ASVAB, and a lot of jobs opened up for me in the USAF but I chose Security Forces instead.

The Air Force and my career field taught me how to be flawless when it came down to studying and achieving top scores, So I learned a lot...a lot more than what school or college has done for me in the past.

DefensorFortis
02-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I can say the same thing PzychoSixx. I guess someone was looking out for me when I took the ASVAB the second time because the first time I took it I only got a 33 on the General but the second time around I got a 40 on General. But then eventually my luck ran out when someone decided to discharge my ass out one week after I enlisted and swore in.

Cup_Noodles
03-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Join the Marine Corps like I did. If you scored a 49 on the ASVAB, you'll be the smartest Marine the world has ever seen.
And Pussy-Gathering Missions are a thousand times more successful than fly-boys anyhow. (At ease, Pzycho Sixx-insert chuckle here)
Seriously though, visit your options. Just remember, Dress Blues=POON.
P.S. Don't ever get married while you're in. EVER. You want to be in the same country when your old lady gets knocked-up.

You should go take a look at the Army's entrance requirements, they are a lot worse. My brother has two felony charges and barley manged to obtain his G.E.D (I think he cheated) and the Army still let him in as a Combat Medic.

DefensorFortis
03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Way ahead of you guys. I talked to an Army recruiter on the phone and looked at goarmy.com and the Army is lookin' pretty good to me. I have decided that the Army is the one for me now. The Army recruiter in town is coming to my house so we can talk more about what the Army has to offer.

Cup_Noodles
03-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Way ahead of you guys. I talked to an Army recruiter on the phone and looked at goarmy.com and the Army is lookin' pretty good to me. I have decided that the Army is the one for me now. The Army recruiter in town is coming to my house so we can talk more about what the Army has to offer.

It's all about what works for you. Get everything in writing too.

daboy233
03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
i think we have a new 11bravo on our hands *starts slow clapping*

nastyleg
03-04-2010, 08:42 PM

*joins the slow clap* Everything in writing

wardog99s
03-05-2010, 01:20 PM

*joins claping* Yas and have a loyer, of contract consoltent read it.
if you can...

maybe in just anal about it ... dont like to get screwed

DefensorFortis
03-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Actually, we have a new 31bravo on our hands.

nastyleg
03-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Actually, we have a new 31bravo on our hands.

*stops clapping and starts mourning* Why oh why do you want to go MP? I am a MP and dont like it....I am gonna go back 11B

DefensorFortis
03-05-2010, 08:33 PM
*stops clapping and starts mourning* Why oh why do you want to go MP? I am a MP and dont like it....I am gonna go back 11B

You have my attention now. What don't you like about MP?

dmaxx3500
03-05-2010, 08:36 PM
you could always join the ''navy'' ,they've got nukes,air planes and boats too

DefensorFortis
03-05-2010, 08:57 PM
you could always join the ''navy'' ,they've got nukes,air planes and boats too

My sister said the same thing to me, except that she would only want me to join the navy only because of their uniforms. Oh God, leave it to my fucking sister. If it doesn't involve clothes or if there is nothing in it for her, so doesn't give jack shit about it. She told me that if I were to be stationed in Italy she would come and visit me. If I get stationed any where else, the only thing I will get is a card. Boy, I'm feelin' the support right there.

Cup_Noodles
03-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I think the Navy uniforms look like shit. Dress Blues look boss as fuck.

@DefensorFortis: Why an MP? that just isn't hardcore enough.

DefensorFortis
03-06-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm just going to let everyone know, MP was just a thought for me, it's not my number one choice, just a thought. The Army has 150 jobs out there, I know that and I'm not hell bent on being only an MP. If you want to know, I am considering being an infantryman or a Cav Scout. I got the MP idea from the fact that it was the job I had picked for the Air Force before they kicked me out and partly because I have no idea what my family would think if I announced "Oh by the way mom and dad and my sisters, I am going to be an infantryman." So as you can see, I would want to be an 11bravo or a 19delta but I don't know how well it would sit with the family.

Sixx
03-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm just going to let everyone know, MP was just a thought for me, it's not my number one choice, just a thought. The Army has 150 jobs out there, I know that and I'm not hell bent on being only an MP. If you want to know, I am considering being an infantryman or a Cav Scout. I got the MP idea from the fact that it was the job I had picked for the Air Force before they kicked me out and partly because I have no idea what my family would think if I announced "Oh by the way mom and dad and my sisters, I am going to be an infantryman." So as you can see, I would want to be an 11bravo or a 19delta but I don't know how well it would sit with the family.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from with the family...However you are beginning a new stage in life and you need to think about yourself as well. No matter what you choose to do in life there are consequences to it and you will always have someone worrying about you. It could be a Mother or a wife and kids etc. It will always exist unless you become a loner. hehe