PDA

View Full Version : Boots ?

Sako
02-26-2010, 09:49 AM
What kind of boots you people use ? Danner, Haix, Meindl ? Tell your opinions :evilgrin0039:

scoutsout80
02-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Cowboy---Dingo

acf6
02-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Rocky's

SMR
02-26-2010, 06:25 PM
5075belleville

MickDonalds
02-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I alternate between these two boots:

Altama Exo Speeds:
http://www.altama.com/assets/products/18/medium/3658.jpg?1259630726

http://www.altama.com/assets/products/39/medium/3558.jpg?1259758426

Altama's are SOOOOO worth it. They're not nearly as expensive as Oakley boots and aside from the soft soles they're the best.

Mel
02-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Rocky's Gortex,1200 gram Thinsulate ultralights. Very warm,very walkable.

nastyleg
02-27-2010, 01:20 AM
What kind of boots you people use ? Danner, Haix, Meindl ? Tell your opinions :evilgrin0039:

Winter I got Mattahorns, Summer I got standard issue Desert. Civilian work I got Jungle Combat boots with Altama soles aka ripple soles...very very comfortable for staying on your feet for 8+ hours.

sparkie
02-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Don't know anything about fancy boots nowadays, but long ago if you wanted great boots you soaked them in a bucket of water, and wore them until dry. Custom fit, believe it.

MickDonalds
02-28-2010, 12:52 PM
I still do that to my boots when I get new ones. I fill them up in the shower with hot water, lace them up tight and walk around in them. You get blisters at first, but they fit to your feet custom after they dry

Skanza
03-03-2010, 07:11 AM
ok the daft thing won't let me post a link...

w w w . lansdaleltd.com/prodimages/Hanwag%20side.jpg
Hanwag Special Forces GTX

Good boots, been using them in the field recently and offer great support, comfort and keeps me warm and dry.

Corndog
05-30-2010, 01:20 PM
For me you can't beat lowa-boots excellent all round boot which can be used in Urban and Rural Terrains..

I wear these and have been for a number of years now.

Gore-Tex lined Lowa Tibet
Similar in appearance to the Mountain Boot GTX and suitable for all the demanding duties expected of it. Insulated for cold weather and ventilated for warmer climates, this is another boot that suits all needs.

Technical Details:

Water Repellent 2.6mm thick outer leather
Goretex for outstanding climate controlled comfort and waterproofing
Vibram 'Tsavo' sole unit (repairable)
Asymmetric Walking Position
Achilles leather flex panel in heel for extreme comfort
Climate control insoles and boot laces available separately

ianstone
05-30-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm that old, its slippers, unless I'm in the shower.

Corndog
05-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm that old, its slippers, unless I'm in the shower.

I no the feeling .....However a wee set of Flip Flops dose the job for the shower ..

joelee
05-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Don't know anything about fancy boots nowadays, but long ago if you wanted great boots you soaked them in a bucket of water, and wore them until dry. Custom fit, believe it.

In Navy Boot Camp they made us march through every puddle they could find. Even made some. The leather dried around the blisters and fit like a glove. :) Now I use 5.11 Tact. Coyotes, but I'm only killing critters for the most part.

SweGrizz
12-01-2010, 06:29 AM
I'am using a pair of Corcoran field boots, just for being in the woods. And they are by the far best boots i have ever owned!. Meindl is shit.

ipalot111
12-08-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm currently rocking the Oakey SI Assault Boots here in Afghanistan. Cannot be happier.

Ripcord
12-08-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm currently rocking the Oakey SI Assault Boots here in Afghanistan. Cannot be happier.

last deployment I had those and the issued boots, the Oakley boots were very very comfy..almost like wearing running shoes..
going back in the Summer, I'll deffinetly take my Oakleys but as a second set I was toying with the idea of Altama Exo Speeds like MickDonalds suggested..a few guys wore those and were very happy.

ipalot111
12-09-2010, 01:43 PM
i have the Altma Exo speeds as my backup boots right now, my oakelys replaced them a few months back the Altama's were extremely lightweight and confortable, i jsut like the oakleys better

Birky
12-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Had a pair of altama exos gifted to me and my paws absolutely love em!

Bisley_Bob
01-14-2011, 06:49 PM
For me you can't beat Altberg Sneekers. They have canvas down the sides of the tongue, so are not waterproof at all, but no boot will stay dry when you're crawling through a stream, it does mean they dry out super fast though. Also really light weight and extremely comfy. http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/military_SneekerOr.jsp

I used to use a set of issue gore-tex "boots cold weather" and will never wear gore-tex again, those things could last days without drying out.

DevilDog812
01-14-2011, 11:29 PM
for cold weather (and not too much walking) i always wear my big ol' mickey mouse boots :P

they are good for -20*F and 100% waterproof, but weigh 4lbs each LOL
http://store.colemans.com/cart/images/0801.gif

i know a place where you can get them lightly used (sometimes brand new with paint spilled on them or something) for $30

Mel
02-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Damn Devil...I had a pair of those 15 or 20 years ago. I had forgotten all about the bunny boots.Those things are warm,but like Devil said...You can't do a lot of walking in them.

Irish
02-07-2011, 02:41 AM

Yeah, I wore the Oakley MK-IIs for a bit on my last pump and loved the shit out of them. I ditched the Oakley's for Bates Lites halfway through the deployment because my company 1st Sgt. would ride my ass saying they weren't Marine Corps certified and I was out of regs wearing 'em. Funny how he wouldn't say shit to any of the platoon commanders wearing the same shit...

Anyways, the Bates were okay, not the most durable, but they were comfortable enough. I also had a pair of Danner's that I got issued before we left but were uncomfortable even after I broke them in so I wouldn't wear them too often. Since I've been back I got another pair of Danner's which have leather over the heel and toe and they are the tits.