PDA

View Full Version : Tuning The HDTV

shatto
02-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Tuning The HD-TV:

I set my new Vizio so the picture was ideal, than changed the channel, to a picture gothic-dark where everyone looked blood red. In other words, as bad as the factory settings.
Wife said to return the set to Costco.

I had called Vizio and talked with a delightful sounding lady who.....read my manual to me. I was polite and thanked her. Bless her sweet heart; 'Southern' for thoughts unprintable.

I called my cable server who assured me that I could plug the coaxial cable right into the back of the TV and get a full High Definition picture, without extra money being spent for converter boxes or anything else.

I asked friends on a number of websites for help and was rewarded with sage advice and some good links to websites.

I called the Costco Concierge Service that was included with the purchase price. We'll leave this at that.

Radio Shack sold me a wire. Nope, not that.

Went to Fry's Electronics.....The guy said; "simple, this is what you need" so I bought the HDTV Calibration Wizard (DVD) by Monster isf Series.
Dang! Five minutes, most waiting for the next step on the DVD, and I had a magnificent picture!
Then I switched from DVD to TV.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
I was frustrated unto rage.

One final try.
I called Vizio and got a guy who told me to turn the TV set off.
Off?
Off.
He said to unplug the set then push the on-off button on the set and hold it for thirty seconds to re-set the electronics in the set.
BINGO!
Wife says we can keep the set.

Only took a week to tune the new HDTV.