PDA

View Full Version : 23 Insurgents Killed By Cold Weather In Afghanistan

Markoxx
02-13-2010, 05:37 AM
KABUL, Feb. 11 (Xinhua) -- The continued snowfall and chilly weather in Afghanistan besides inflicting casualties on innocent civilians also claimed the lives of nearly two dozen anti- government militants in north Afghanistan, a private television channel reported Thursday.

"The freezing and unfriendly weather has claimed the lives of 23 insurgents in Baghlan province north of Afghanistan," Tolo broadcast in its news bulletin.

Police recovered the bodies of the militants from Baghlan-e- Markazi district the other day, the television further said.

Baghlan, a relatively peaceful province until early last year has been the scene of increasing militancy over the past several months.

Both Taliban insurgents and militants loyal to the former Prime Minister Gulbudin Hekmatyar and leader of his own outlawed faction Islamic party the Hizb-e-Islami are active in parts of Baghlan province.

Snowfall, avalanches and continued freezing weather have claimed the lives of around 200 people across the war-ravaged country over the past four days.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2010-02/11/c_13172180.htm

SMR
02-13-2010, 05:43 AM
I guess it was a cold day in hell

Yono
02-13-2010, 06:58 AM
I guess they're freezing in hell.

sparkie
02-13-2010, 03:33 PM
They just need more little boys to keep em warm, bastads...

Reactor-Axe-Man
02-14-2010, 04:10 AM
Global Warming strikes again.

Say, was Al Gore in the area at the time? He does seem to have the effect of bringing blizzards with him wherever he goes...

MickDonalds
02-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks God. 23's a good start. Let's have a nuclear-type winter (where basically nothing survives) in Pakistan and I promise I'll be more pious.