PDA

View Full Version : TSA to Clear 10,000 Workers for Access to Classified Intelligence

nastyleg
02-12-2010, 01:07 PM
TSA to Clear 10,000 Workers for Access to Classified Intelligence

The Transportation Security Administration plans to clear 10,000 workers for access to secret intelligence, Fox News has learned.

The move comes as a slew of security agencies try to improve intelligence-sharing in the wake of the attempted Christmas Day bombing. However, a TSA spokesman told Fox News that the plan to give thousands of workers security clearance was developed in July 2008, and that the background checks started one year ago.

Those in line to receive classified information at the TSA include "behavior detection officers," supervisors and managers -- or about 20 percent of the TSA airport workforce. USA Today first reported that the TSA was clearing employees for access to classified information, a process the paper said could take two years.

So far, the TSA has granted 744 security clearances, according to the TSA spokesman.

The spokesman said in an e-mail that the intelligence will give employees "valuable context" when procedures are changed, and will help them do their jobs on a day-to-day basis.

"Access to relevant intelligence helps officers spot anomalies at the checkpoint -- and helps them connect the potential dots," the spokesman said. "It gives these employees the opportunity to exercise discretion based on their awareness of tactics and threats in the transportation environment and gives context to things they see every day which may otherwise not appear unusual."

The most visible TSA employees -- those who screen passenger bags at check points -- will not have the security clearance.

Fox News' Mike Levine contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/12/tsa-clear-workers-access-classified-intelligence/

nastyleg
02-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Because those asshats who pulled me aside when comming home on leave bacause my boots tested positive for explosives...no shit ass fucks tends to happen in a combat zone when getting blown up....are not going to blab about current and on going intel ops.

Reactor-Axe-Man
02-12-2010, 09:28 PM
This won't end well... >_>

dmaxx3500
02-18-2010, 01:08 AM
well I'll take bets ,as to how long before it gets on the INTERNET,,5-6 minutes?

SMR
02-18-2010, 02:50 AM
Because those asshats who pulled me aside when comming home on leave bacause my boots tested positive for explosives...no shit ass fucks tends to happen in a combat zone when getting blown up....are not going to blab about current and on going intel ops.

My back pack and boots test positive too I am getting tiered of explaining why

nastyleg
02-18-2010, 02:58 AM
My back pack and boots test positive too I am getting tiered of explaining why

Skyharbor is now going to use chemical sensors "at random". This incident happened with me at Frisco airport

hickster73
02-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Ok so is it me or are there still some TRUE AMERICANS out there that fly around the US and get checked by someone who doesnt clearly speak ENGLISH. Now i dont speak clear english cause im a redneck but damn thats acceptable. MN St.Paul Airport 90 % Somolia TSA or Food Vender workers . Atlanta mixed nationalities . LAX, MIdway, O'hare, JKF the bibbest fucking airports are being "checked" for secruity by NON-AMERICANS. WTF is up with this. Look who is the head of Homeland "Security" some freaking old blue hair that has 0 thats ZERO experience . And you wonder why we are having this problem. Anyone have a legit reason ? Or a legit solution? This sux my kids and ur kids are gonna have to learn another language in school just to be able to live in America. Fuck This !!!

nastyleg
02-18-2010, 03:22 AM
Ok so is it me or are there still some TRUE AMERICANS out there that fly around the US and get checked by someone who doesnt clearly speak ENGLISH. Now i dont speak clear english cause im a redneck but damn thats acceptable. MN St.Paul Airport 90 % Somolia TSA or Food Vender workers . Atlanta mixed nationalities . LAX, MIdway, O'hare, JKF the bibbest fucking airports are being "checked" for secruity by NON-AMERICANS. WTF is up with this. Look who is the head of Homeland "Security" some freaking old blue hair that has 0 thats ZERO experience . And you wonder why we are having this problem. Anyone have a legit reason ? Or a legit solution? This sux my kids and ur kids are gonna have to learn another language in school just to be able to live in America. Fuck This !!!

Well we could go back to how the TSA was hiring shortly after 9/11....they used back ground checks..finger print checks.....and of course hired veterans and former police officers. Since they needed to fill ranks fast they went for quantity not quality. The way to fix this is to fire those who are not qualified and those who select vets to screen because they know they will not get harrased. BTW Janet "bigger dick than you" Napalitano is a worthless hack who fucked up Az and is now going for the country.