PDA

View Full Version : Civilian questions I have

ralastar
02-10-2010, 06:02 AM
Hello there.

I have two questions I hope that some one can answer:

Can US soldiers pick their own weapons to use while on active duty? Say, for example, they do not want to use the standard sidearm, the Beretta M9. Can they purchase and go to work with something different?

What is the best organization to go through to send care packages to soldiers serving in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Thanks,

Ralastar

SMR
02-10-2010, 06:36 AM
NO

and http://www.uso.org/

MickDonalds
02-10-2010, 06:58 AM
I wanna know where people get the idea that soldiers can just bring their own pistols and ammo overseas with them.

What I like is how Soldier of Fortune magazines you have some guy who claims to be an "Operator" with a Desert Eagle or a chrome plated 1911 .45 on his side, posing for "combat pictures" in "Baghdad", not wearing any body armor, and having a protruding belly. This same guy looks about 53 years old, and then writes about how this weapon never failed him in combat... :rolleyes:

Anybody who's been around any SF guys or at the very least has deployed knows that the above kind of guys in SoF are LYING their asses off, and that NOBODY gets to bring their own weapons.

Kind of like how everyone asks me if I get to bring my m-4 home with me after the deployment is over....???

We're not Sweden...Where people get these ideas is something I've always wanted to know.