PDA

View Full Version : Alien 2 the movie - your opinion?

Stark
02-07-2010, 08:03 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/CEscobar/hicks_aliens04.jpg

For all thats worth it - I LOVE IT -

Some of the best quotes:

Apone: All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps

Hudson: I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Hudson: [Knowing that the Aliens are close, Hicks and Vasquez are welding the door shut] Movement. Signal's clean. Range, 20 meters.
Ripley: They've found a way in, something we've missed.
Hicks: We didn't miss anything.
Hudson: 17 meters.
Ripley: [Checking the tracker] Something in the floor, underneath the plant, I don't know
Hudson: 15 Meters.
Newt: Ripley.
Hicks: Definitely inside the barricades.
Newt: Let's go.
Hudson: 12 meters.
Ripley: That's right outside the door. Hicks, Vasquez get back.
Hudson: Man, this is a big fuckin' signal.
Hicks: How are we doing Vasquez, talk to me?
Vasquez: Almost there.
[They welded the door shut, and stepped back away from the door]
Vasquez: There right on us.
Hicks: [Waiting for the Aliens] Remember, short controlled bursts.
Hudson: 9 meters, 7, 6.
Ripley: That can't be, that's inside the room.
Hudson: It's reading right man, look.
Hicks: Then, "you're" not reading it right.
Hudson: 5 meters, man. 4, what the hell?

Apone: [after the Briefing] Alright sweethearts, you heard the man and you know thw drill. Assholes and elbows! Hudson, come here, come here.

nastyleg
02-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Love the first three movies. However the last two aliens were busts....AvsP was a complete wash they tried to throw too many things into it.

MickDonalds
02-07-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm probably the biggest Alien, Terminator and Predator fanboy currently serving in the US ARMY.

-I'm so much of a nerd I've written entire essays about how Aliens influenced our current "Full Battle Rattle" or in proper terms: our Kevlar helmets, neck protective pads, body armor, knee pads and groin protector, all of which were used by the Colonial Marines in the movie, albeit a different look, but same basic concept. Back in 1986, ARMY commanders in the Cold War Era would have laughed at the concept of Individual Protective Equipment as we are using nowadays. They'd have likely said "Yeah right...our Infantry can't fight in that shit, it's too heavy and look stupid. Plus we've got like..hundreds of thouands of grunts to throw at the enemy" Our cutting of numbers and evolving force meant we needed to adapt to threats by issuing body armor and more protective equipment, thanks to the infleunce of one James Cameron.

-What's also cool is the fact that the helmet camera system and command+control room system they were using pretty much evolved into the army's Land Warrior System. Awesome how much James Cameron can singlehandedly influence combat technology huh?

-As for the movie itself, it was pretty much the first movie to showcase a female heroine annihilating her adversaries. Current Female action stars like Angelina Jolie, kate Beckinsale (god is she terrible or what?) Jennifer Garner and others should be lining up to lick the shit off of Sigourney Weaver's boots, because they still can't hold a fuckin' candle to how badass she was. Aliens is a remarkable movie, plainly said.

wardog99s
02-07-2010, 01:11 PM
wow lol

wouldn't mind the 10mm plasma rilfe

Stark
02-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Who was the coolest character in Alient? My vote goes for Hicks

JOG12
02-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I think the Predator movies are the best. no one can fuck with the Predator. I wish there were Predators in real life, we can use em to hunt down bin Laden and rip his head off for a trophy.

JOG12
02-07-2010, 06:56 PM
:P

MickDonalds
02-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Predators are cool, but 20th Century Fox screwed both their franchises and the fans by giving the reigns to AVP to Paul WS " I didnt even read the comics or care about either series so I just made some shit up, jotted it down contradicted both series and took the easy cash" Anderson. AVP2 is like a B movie it was that bad.

sparkie
02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Sorry for my opinion,,,,, but my opinion is when Riply was cloned,,,,,,,She was hot,,,,,

wanny1971
02-07-2010, 10:52 PM
aliens was my all-time favourite film (1st is now luc besson's LEON )
films are just stories ..its the storytellers (directors) that make the movies great
and James Cameron is one of the best ... (had some help from a mad but brilliant alien creator ..H R GIGER)
wannys favourite lines
You know, Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage.
What the hell are we supposed to use man? Harsh language?