PDA

View Full Version : Will the U.S. and Russia go to war?

HolX
08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
With this new Georgian conflict, i'm in fear we're headed for a war. Do you think Russia would be stupid enough to start a war with the United States? As I recall they're now also threatening Poland of nuclear war if they allow the U.S. to build a missile defense system. Russia is getting out of hand, and it seems like a new cold war again. What do you guys think will happen?

HollowStem
08-19-2008, 02:42 AM
I don't think either country is that stupid...

Fassin
08-19-2008, 10:32 PM
There might be a small confrontation, but I think the threat of Nato and europe as well as many U.S. allies will have Russia realizing how outclassed it is. Trying to rid itself of an American sphere of interest, it's interesting to see what I believe as Russia strengthening the American position in the world. Now some of the worlds disgust and hatred is honed towards Russia, and the United States looks like a saint. A costly mistake strategically by mother Russia, who has obvious intentions of returning to previous cold war posture.

CruelPete
08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Russia has a problem. It's called an infieriority complex. They can't stand the USA being the most powerful nation so, as time goes by they will scrounge up whatever they can think of to try to control (georgia). Thus their envy will push them into making stupid mistakes!:cool: