PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Hitler?

Stark
01-28-2010, 06:10 AM
I have very mixed feeling, for once I am German and I have been reading and studying this time (I am especially interested in the Concentration Camps - the structure what I meant to be in one and so forth) for ages and have pretty much read all the German books there are (the good once are all in German) if you can read German I can only recommend you read
1) Der SS Staat
2) Buchenwald report

As much horror and disgust I have for the time, and as much as I am incredible angry that this will stick with me as a German for the rest of my life even If I never participated in the attrocities - I cannot help myself that I am deeply faszinated and interested in the subject.

GTFPDQ
01-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Hitler was a cunt of the highest order. Thats the disclaimer.

You do have to wonder how the personality cult grew. He was savage amongst his political rivals, yet he was working for a public good. I keep feeling that something happened to him in 37/38 that changed his way of thinking. In infinitely intriguing man, with an infinite capacity to create good, and an insatiable appetite to destroy humanity in the most horrific ways.

Sixx
01-28-2010, 01:01 PM
I have mixed feelings about Hitler as well. But the thing that pisses me off the most about him was his Nero decree once he knew the noose was tightening.....Destroying everything that sustains life for his people, He failed and he knew it and tried to take his people down with him.

A decent book to read, http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Willing-Executioners-Ordinary-Holocaust/dp/0679772685

And his legacy lives on, A lot of Germans are closet Nazis....And some are still fighting for their Fatherland on a regular basis in the streets. Trying to fight the scum off their streets...And there is a lot of scum now in Europe in general.

I find nothing interesting about Concentration Camps or life inside for it's occupants. We all know what it was like and what the results were(unless you are a Holocaust denier).....Not to mention when I was a douchebag Skinhead, I was kicked out of two concentration camps and fined as well.(which I deserved and wish I could take back)

Germany could have recovered from the years of being shit on, But Hitler decided on being a megalomaniac and destroy everything in the process.

Here is a statement from Göring at the trials that I thought was interesting...

"Normally, the common people don't want war, but after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for the lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."

Yono
01-28-2010, 04:11 PM
I can't hate any one more then I hate Hitler...but putting aside all the horrifically disturbing crimes he has committed, you have to admire the fact that he literally transformed post-WW1-Germany into an empire. From a country that was demoralized, poor, hungry and homeless into a striving empire.
That doesn't change the fact that he IS a monster, but it does rouse some admiration from me.