PDA

View Full Version : Bo Derek, gets......

shatto
01-25-2010, 10:31 PM
For a week now, each time I do a search and get a Google page I am unable to get the site I click. The Yellow Pages or another search-site pops-up.
Cute, but I use the computer for work and cannot access a business I'm analyzing. I cannot even get Woodhouse Chocolate to buy my mom's birthday present.

The computer is always running; now, AVG Internet Security runs a complete scan nightly. Last week I replaced Webroot SpySweeper with anti-virus and Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite, both which scanned nightly for the prior 24 months. I also use SpyBot Search and destroy and other anti-spyware and anti-malware programs from time to time.

Google always mis-directs what I want to something else. Deleting Google then replacing it with Google Chrome made no difference, although I don't find a way to access pictures on Chrome, but I digress; when I click on my 'favorites' the site comes-up alright but anything to do with a web-search almost always fails.

Ahem, help!

sparkie
01-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Watch out for Bing. It steals your path.

shatto
01-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Took half a day of wading through the Google site, but I finally discovered a forum; and a nice chap suggested; Hitman Pro 3.5.
So I downloaded and ran it and it found one item. Finalizing the scan involved restarting so I went into 'safe mode' and ran it two more times followed by a couple scans each by AVG Internet Security, Spy-Bot Search and Destroy, Webroot Spy Sweeper with Anti Virus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Then I ran all of em together all night. All with the modem un-plugged so nothing could accidently sneak into the computer.

This morning I used Google a couple times and it worked properly.

We will see....

Thanks for the help.

deadmike
01-30-2010, 01:53 AM
Commonly what happens here is they (adware, spyware) mess with your hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc) and put in IP addresses for websites you would normally go to.

spybot has two nice features, tea-timer and immunization, i use both.

sorry i'm late to help...