PDA

View Full Version : Fuckwad ACLU Strikes

scoutsout80
01-14-2010, 10:51 AM
In a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed today, the American Civil Liberties Union asked the government to disclose the legal basis for its use of predator drones to conduct "targeted killings" overseas. In particular, the ACLU seeks to find out when, where and against whom drone strikes can be authorized, and how the United States ensures compliance with international laws relating to extrajudicial killings.
"The American public has a right to know whether the drone program is consistent with international law, and that all efforts are made to minimize the loss of innocent lives," said Jonathan Manes, a legal fellow with the ACLU National Security Project. "The Obama administration has reportedly expanded the drone program, but it has not explained publicly what the legal basis for the program is, what limitations it recognizes on the use of drones outside active theaters of war and what the civilian casualty toll has been thus far. We're hopeful that the request we've filed today will encourage the Obama administration to disclose information about the basis, scope and implementation of the program."

The administration has used unmanned drones to target and kill individuals not only in Afghanistan and Iraq but also in Pakistan and Yemen. The technology allows U.S. personnel to observe targeted individuals and launch missiles intended to kill them from control centers located thousands of miles away.

Today's FOIA request was filed with the Department of Defense, the Department of Justice (including the Office of Legal Counsel), the Department of State and the CIA.

Sixx
01-14-2010, 12:58 PM
In a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed today, the American Civil Liberties Union asked the government to disclose the legal basis for its use of predator drones to conduct "targeted killings" overseas. In particular, the ACLU seeks to find out when, where and against whom drone strikes can be authorized, and how the United States ensures compliance with international laws relating to extrajudicial killings.
"The American public has a right to know whether the drone program is consistent with international law, and that all efforts are made to minimize the loss of innocent lives," said Jonathan Manes, a legal fellow with the ACLU National Security Project. "The Obama administration has reportedly expanded the drone program, but it has not explained publicly what the legal basis for the program is, what limitations it recognizes on the use of drones outside active theaters of war and what the civilian casualty toll has been thus far. We're hopeful that the request we've filed today will encourage the Obama administration to disclose information about the basis, scope and implementation of the program."

The administration has used unmanned drones to target and kill individuals not only in Afghanistan and Iraq but also in Pakistan and Yemen. The technology allows U.S. personnel to observe targeted individuals and launch missiles intended to kill them from control centers located thousands of miles away.

Today's FOIA request was filed with the Department of Defense, the Department of Justice (including the Office of Legal Counsel), the Department of State and the CIA.

Funny how the ACLU tries to get their hands on everything now including our military shit.....Our American freedoms have been stripped by these fucks. Now what's next? Having a military and protecting your country is a violation against the civil liberties of people.

These pieces of shit would be singing a different tune if their families were beheaded by Muslim scum.

ghost
01-14-2010, 04:14 PM
The ACLU can suck it.

Mel
01-14-2010, 08:03 PM
There's some things I don't need to know, and there's some things I don't want to know. All I want to know is that our military is out there taking care of business when it comes to these terrorist fucks.

dmaxx3500
01-14-2010, 10:29 PM
these are the same secrets these ''show'' trials will bring out in nyc,,these are the only we can win this war if we can keep secrets of how and why we can hunt these terrorists down,short of ''nuking'' the whole place [which i don't think we can or will ever do again]

Woodbutcher824
01-14-2010, 10:47 PM
There's some things I don't need to know, and there's some things I don't want to know. All I want to know is that our military is out there taking care of business when it comes to these terrorist fucks.

I agree and I hate fucking lawyers who think what is right for military operations.

dmaxx3500
01-15-2010, 12:02 AM
isn't there somebody in the military to tell the courts this is national defense and no way are they giving up classified info,or there could be an accidental fire and all the records could go up in smoke

nastyleg
01-15-2010, 03:16 AM
Remember that the ACLU is the same group of people who are protecting and representing NAMBLA( North American Man-Boy Love Association) yup thats right child molesters. Besides if they really wanted to know who they were targeting with the drones then all they need to do is look at AC's massive collection of drone video's :)

wardog99s
01-15-2010, 03:39 AM
they think we need a commissar to over see the operations....fucking libs

acf6
01-15-2010, 04:42 AM
isn't there somebody in the military to tell the courts this is national defense and no way are they giving up classified info,or there could be an accidental fire and all the records could go up in smoke

Thats exactly what they will get. It says they filed a FOIL but it doesnt mean they are going to get what they want.