PDA

View Full Version : Soldier Convicted Of Gruesome Murder Of Fellow Soldier -April 1, 1994

Sixx
01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Here's a blast from the past that I remember hearing about when I lived in Germany back in the day.....

United States Army Sergeant Stephen J. Schap, age 26, was convicted on April 1, 1994 of the murder of fellow soldier Gregory Glover, age 21 while they were stationed with the 11th cavalry at Fulda, Germany.

Glover had been having an affair with Schap's wife, Diane and she had become pregnant with Glover's child. Diane Schap had been unhappy with the marriage for some time and asked for a divorce on numerous occasions. Schap learned of the affair, by sneaking a peak at his wife's diary, while she was away from home.

When she was taken to the hospital for a possible miscarriage of the fetus, Schap decided her lover needed to join her in the hospital. From her hospital bed, she told her husband the baby inside her was not his. He seemed to have taken this well, as the two had already met with base officials about her going back to the U.S and an impending divorce was agreed upon.

He followed Glover to a telephone booth on Sickels Military Airfield where Glover was speaking with Mrs Schap on the telephone, stabbed him repeatedly with a knife on the spot. He then took the knife, severed Glover's head, then put it in an athletic duffle bag.

With duffle bag in hand, he calmly walked into his wife's hospital room, took the severed head from the bag, placed it upright on her bedside tray table, and forced her to look at it.

Mrs Schap testified at the trial, ""He grasped the head in both hands and he tried to push it in my face. I kept screaming and screaming," she said, sobbing as she testified.

"Look, Diane — Glover's here! He'll sleep with you every night now. Only you won't sleep — because all you'll see is this," Stephen Schap told her, according to her testimony.

At trial, the defense made no attempt to deny appellant's conduct, which indeed was witnessed both at the scene of the crime and at the hospital. He also did not deny the intentionality of his conduct or offer a lack-of-mental-responsibility defense. The military court found Schap guilty of premeditated murder in the death of Spc. Gregory Glover and he was given a life sentence.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/headless.asp
http://www.armfor.uscourts.gov/opinions/1997Term/96-1058.htm

Mel
01-08-2010, 10:37 PM
WOW...Now that's true love...:scared:

dmaxx3500
01-10-2010, 11:30 AM
only life in prison for such a sick thing as beheading