PDA

View Full Version : Women who wear burkas in France face fines of £700

Stark
01-08-2010, 10:32 AM
http://www.apacheclips.com/fpss/slideshows/myslideshow/images/burka.jpg

Women who wear Islamic veils in public in France face a £700 fine under strict new laws being proposed.

The amount could be doubled for Muslim men who force female members of their family to cover their faces.

Jean-Francois Cope, president of Nicolas Sarkozy’s ruling UMP Party, said the legislation was intended to protect the ‘dignity’ and ‘security’ of women
He is set to file t More..he draft law in the National Assembly after Mr Sarkozy said veils were ‘not welcome’ because they intimidated non-Muslims.

‘We want a ban in public areas,’ said Mr Cope, making it clear the veil would not be allowed in public buildings, or on the streets of France, home to five million Muslims
He is set to file the draft law in the National Assembly after Mr Sarkozy said veils were ‘not welcome’ because they intimidated non-Muslims.

‘We want a ban in public areas,’ said Mr Cope, making it clear the veil would not be allowed in public buildings, or on the streets of France, home to five million Muslims

He added: ‘The wearing of the burka will be subject to a fine, probably of 750 euros’.

The fine would apply to ‘all people on the public street whose face is entirely covered’.

Mr Sarkozy has called burkas ‘a sign of subservience that imprison women’, while immigration minister Eric Besson described them as ‘an affront to national identity’

cormack
01-08-2010, 10:42 AM
this is outrages they should be atleast fined £2.500

scoutsout80
01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
bad poll question.....but it is justified

sambuyanay
01-08-2010, 11:42 AM
i miss clicked. sorry.

justified!

Scott
01-08-2010, 12:25 PM
its Justified, im sad that they didn't put the fine up more.

Stark
01-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Some guy wrote: I think they should pay them 700 Euros to keep their burkas on :D

unique
01-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I dont see it justifed, how ever the practice of wearing burkas is an old tradition, Some say it had started before the prophet. Others say it was a practice implemented by god in the bible"koran". Either way their really is no need for it anymore. I think I heard Egypt banned it from wearing it schools. So France is not the first but I think the first to fine women or men from making them to do so.

MickDonalds
01-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Absolutely justified. Makes perfect sense.

"Oh I can rob a bank or kill someone because my faith allows me to look like Darth Vader"

I'm sure there will be riots following this decision though.

Sierra10
01-09-2010, 02:28 AM
Guys it says
"Women who wear Islamic veils in public in France face a £700 fine under strict new laws being proposed. Dont mean its gonna happen

sambuyanay
01-09-2010, 11:46 AM
theres gonna be alot of dramas about this. i hope the french pass this law. not against any1 here but diff country diff rules, you go visit you abide by 'em.

Bisley_Bob
01-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I wish we'd pass some laws like this in the UK. If they don't like it they can live in a muslim country.

shatto
01-09-2010, 04:13 PM
"When in Rome....."

carlgorski
01-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Muslims are very anti-christian. In Saudi no bibles or churches allowed. If they can ban items then I support France in doing the same. Fine should be higher to really stop this practice. Of course the Muslims will scream about it completly forgetting that they do the same. I am sick of them receiving special treatment because we might upset them. Enough of this stop the cuddling.

GTFPDQ
01-12-2010, 03:15 AM
I believe that if you choose to live in another country, at least try and fit in on the street. What you do at home and in private, fine. Wear the burka at home if you want, but at least try and blend in with the population.

Is there a problem with this in the US? Woman wears a burka and walks into a bank...............