PDA

View Full Version : guys what is NORTHCOM?

dmaxx3500
01-03-2010, 02:45 PM
maybe im not reading this right ?,but is this the goverments way to get around the ''posse comitatus'' laws,

the reason i'm bringing up things like this is to get real military people to think about what your training tells you and your personal thoughts are,

my 85 year old ''navy vet''[fought in ww2 in the pacific and saw pearl harbor happen ] father made the comment to me 3-4 months ago ''i didn't think i'd see our country be changed,so fast ,that in 1 year ,you almost can't recognize it'',and he says this goverment no longer works for us,but for their own gains and power,,

words like this scare me that we are being taken down a path we might not be able to get back from,

i'm seeing goverment branches and departments that most people don't know exist,this whole homeland security thing could be the downfall we don't see,

if only 1/2 of the things we are seeing are true we are losing control of this country and should be prepared[no i'm not a tinfoil hat type ] i just want to see what you all are doing about these things

http://www.northcom.mil/about/index.html

acf6
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Not sure if you are talking about the current administartion or not but this was created by the Bush admin not Obama. You need to read it. It specifically says that per law they can only operate in a support role. If I remember correctly this was created specifically for disasters and so on not to go after the American people. When katrina hit New Orleans the military assisted just like they assist other Countries that suffer disasters. Evere since Obama took over crap like this has been coming out from our extremists that we are going to become a Police State and all that Bullshit! I dont see anything like that happening in my lifetime. But dosent mean we shouldn't be concerned with things tho!

Mel
01-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Acf6 hit the nail on the head. It's only supposed to be a support role.If I remember right the Posse Comitatus only allows for government up to a county level to govern in these type of situations. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

dmaxx3500
01-04-2010, 01:03 AM
i know gwb got this started but,please ''google northcom'' and read 3-4 links,they seem to have control over using the military in a civil way ,not just hurricanes and floods,but crowd control and riots,i know this sounds 'tinfoil'' hat ,but what if 1/2 of this is true?,,it just doesen't read/sound right

nastyleg
01-04-2010, 03:12 AM
[Latin, Power of the county.] Referred at Common Law to all males over the age of fifteen on whom a sheriff could call for assistance in preventing any type of civil disorder.

The notion of a posse comitatus has its roots in ancient English Law, growing out of a citizen's traditional duty to raise a "hue and cry" whenever a serious crime occurred in a village, thus rousing the fellow villagers to assist the sheriff in pursuing the culprit. By the seventeenth century, trained militia bands were expected to perform the duty of assisting the sheriff in such tasks, but all males age fifteen and older still had the duty to serve on the posse comitatus.

In the United States, the posse comitatus was an important institution on the western frontier, where it became known as the posse. At various times vigilante committees, often acting without legal standing, organized posses to capture wrongdoers. Such posses sharply warned first-time cattle rustlers, for instance, and usually hanged or shot second-time offenders. In 1876 a four-hundred-man posse killed one member of the infamous Jesse James gang and captured two others.

In 1878 the use of a posse comitatus was limited by the passage of the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878. This act, passed in response to the use of federal troops to enforce reconstruction policies in the southern states, prohibited the use of the U.S. Army to enforce laws unless the Constitution or an act of Congress explicitly authorized such use. This act was amended five times in the 1980s, largely to allow for the use of military resources to combat trafficking in illicit narcotics.

Though rarely used, the posse comitatus continues to be a modern legal institution. In June 1977, for example, the Aspen, Colorado, sheriff called out the posse comitatus—ordinary citizens with their own weapons—to hunt for escaped mass murderer Theodore ("Ted") Bundy. Many states have modern posse comitatus statutes; one typical example is the Kentucky statute enacted in 1962 that gives any sheriff the power to "command and take with him the power of the county or a part thereof, to aid him in the execution of the duties of his office" (Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. ยง 70.060 [Baldwin 1996]).

"Posse Comitatus" is also the name taken by a right-wing, antitax extremist group founded in 1969 by Henry L. Beach, a retired dry cleaner and one-time member of the Silver Shirts, a Nazi-inspired organization that was established in the United States after Adolf Hitler came to power in Germany. The group operated on the belief that the true intent of the founders of the United States was to establish a Christian republic where the individual was sovereign. Members of the group were united by the belief that the federal government was illegitimate, being operated by Jewish interests through the Internal Revenue Service, the federal courts, and the federal reserve. The Posse Comitatus received widespread media attention in 1983 when a leader of the group, Gordon Kahl, was involved in a violent standoff with North Dakota law enforcement officers. Convicted for failure to pay taxes and then for violating the terms of his Probation, Kahl shot and killed three officers and wounded three others before being shot and killed himself.
Further readings

Corcoran, James. 1990. Bitter Harvest. New York: Viking.

Hasday, Jill Elaine. 1996. "Civil War as Paradigm: Reestablishing the Rule of Law at the End of the Cold War." Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy 5.

Malcolm, Joyce Lee. 1994. To Keep and Bear Arms. Cambridge: Harvard Univ. Press.
West's Encyclopedia of American Law, edition 2. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved. http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Posse+comitatus

I see it as a tool to enforce the constitution and law of the land. Remember in our oath to protect this country LAWFUL ORDERS is in it. If it is deemed unlawful I have an obligation to stand my ground and disobey. If it ever comes to the military enforcing laws. Remeber those in uniform are citizens first and soldiers second.

acf6
01-04-2010, 10:27 AM
i know gwb got this started but,please ''google northcom'' and read 3-4 links,they seem to have control over using the military in a civil way ,not just hurricanes and floods,but crowd control and riots,i know this sounds 'tinfoil'' hat ,but what if 1/2 of this is true?,,it just doesen't read/sound right

I think your reading too much into it. When 9/11 happened the National Guard was called in to help with security and support. The National guard is called in by the Governor of a state for many things including civil unrest. This does not fall under the Posse laws. The National Guard also fights in our wars. Many guard units have been sent to Iraq and Afghanistan. I have seen many Guard units called in for many different things and thats what they are for thats why their called NATIONAL GUARD!

dmaxx3500
01-04-2010, 11:10 AM
i understand what the ng does,and the goveners can call them up ,but this NORTHCOM thing just doesen't read right to me,this is feds not states

read this,i just googled the 3rd thing i saw,,

http://www.blacklistednews.com/view.asp?ID=4185

acf6
01-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Um look at the website! it appears extremists to me! You have to take everything from unknown sources with a grain of salt don't beleive everything you read! For christs sake I don't beleive half what the regular media puts out!! LOL

Sixx
01-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Don't get sucked into bullshit conspiracies and stay away from shit like abovetopsecret.com and alternative news bullshit.

NORTHCOM is just the Northern Command just like CENTCOM is the Central command....just deals with different stuff.

Nothing to fret here.

Don't waste your time.

Look up the Executive Orders related to Federalism and Emergency Preparedness if you want something to worry about.

wardog99s
01-04-2010, 09:55 PM
still watch out for people in power.

dmaxx3500
01-04-2010, 11:39 PM
i read everything 4-5 times if they look spooky,northcom's gov. web site just looks like a back door way to use the military in riot control againest us,,but i guess theres more worry about with this goverment then this

Sixx
01-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Dude, If you are going to get bent out of shape about conspiracies.....like most of your posts...Then educate yourself. Learn what these conspiracies are. Don't speculate on shit because you are making yourself look like a little kid.

There are plenty decent conspiracy websites out there that provide knowledge.
Research...Try to get the facts the best you can and discuss.

What's next? you gonna post that you had black helicopters hovering over your house the other night?

I'm not trying to dog you, But you are not gonna get anywhere with conspiracies with the lack of evidence here.

dmaxx3500
01-05-2010, 11:36 AM
dude,Im not into conspiracies,I put up nortncom's own website,if you can't or dont want to google NORTHCOM and read their own web site,then you can't educate yourself,there are so many goverment layers of agencies,you never heard about this one did you?,,and about ''black helocopters'' yesterday when i was having lunch with bush and cheney there were lots of ''black helocopters'' parked all over the place

Sixx
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
dude,Im not into conspiracies,I put up nortncom's own website,if you can't or dont want to google NORTHCOM and read their own web site,then you can't educate yourself,there are so many goverment layers of agencies,you never heard about this one did you?,,and about ''black helocopters'' yesterday when i was having lunch with bush and cheney there were lots of ''black helocopters'' parked all over the place

Oh so you are not into conspiracies??? Do I need to post the links to your own threads???

I do not need to educate myself on U.S. Commands and Major Commands.
I know them all. Government agencies...I have worked almost all agencies out there with the exception of ICE in my military career. I have held various security clearances including a Yankee White when I worked at Andrews. Hell, I have even worked at places you nut jobs would kill to get into.

Bottom line is almost all your threads started deals with lame conspiracies......The links you post are from conspiracists.

And there are others here that have worked similar jobs as I did in the military as well. Like I said, You are not going to get far with this bullshit...Just a waste of bandwidth.

dmaxx3500
01-05-2010, 07:42 PM
well then you should know that 1/2 the conspiracies are probuly true,heck just ask your friends in the c.i.a. they invented most of them,,and you don't have to read anything i post if you don't want to.,

all i asked for was yours and other guys opinions,of what NORTHCOM'S own website said about themselves,i have been into and talked to alot of guys and a relative in the goverment [and an uncle that was a congressman] so i know about goverment

and as for our goverment at work , heres a chicago fireman going to court and hes not a criminal,just a gun owner

http://www.crimefilenews.com/2010/01/chicago-fireman-on-trial-for-his-life.html

Sixx
01-05-2010, 08:29 PM
well then you should know that 1/2 the conspiracies are probuly true,heck just ask your friends in the c.i.a. they invented most of them,,and you don't have to read anything i post if you don't want to.,

all i asked for was yours and other guys opinions,of what NORTHCOM'S own website said about themselves,i have been into and talked to alot of guys and a relative in the goverment [and an uncle that was a congressman] so i know about goverment

and as for our goverment at work , heres a chicago fireman going to court and hes not a criminal,just a gun owner

http://www.crimefilenews.com/2010/01/chicago-fireman-on-trial-for-his-life.html

Where are you from? Or how old are you? I cant figure it out.....Judging by the way you type I'd think you are a non-U.S. Citizen or a 12 y/o

You still are not making any sense. What's your deal with NORTHCOM again? And be slightly bit more specific.....

And for that fire fighter on that bullshit link you posted....Fuck him, He is a fucking criminal.

"Police were acting on a tip that Kozak's apartment contained more than 100 unregistered guns, Franklin said. They found two fully automatic rifles, more than 60 other guns, ammo, a bulletproof vest with swastika patches, posters of Adolf Hitler and other Nazi paraphernalia.Kozak would not give investigators the combination to safes containing the weapons, Franklin said, so firefighters helped break open one of three safes."

There are a lot of hard working American's that pay an arm and a leg for their Fully Auto tax stamp...Fuck him, May he rot in hell.

dmaxx3500
01-05-2010, 09:30 PM
looks like all the fireman did was to try to help a friend by storing the ex-cops gun collection while he [the ex-cop]went in for cancer surgery,as for me being a u.s. citizen ,yep i think im one ,being born in the us to 2 us citizens,if you reread my post on NORTHCOM,all i wanted to know was what people here knew about it as i'd never heard about it in all my goverment reading

Reactor-Axe-Man
01-06-2010, 12:25 AM

Jesus H. Tap-dancing Christ, all you've posted since you joined AC have been conspiracy bullshit couched oh-so-coyly in that, oh gee willikers, look what paranoid executive policy/alphabet soup organization operating unchecked by the Constitution/Shadowy Cabal I stumbled across today? I don't want to believe it, of course, but could it be real??? tone of yours.

No one is buying it any more, and what is worse, even if you did stumble across a legitimate, actual, no shit NWO Prince of Darkness threat to our lives, property, and freedom, no one would believe you. See also, Boy Who Cried Wolf.