PDA

View Full Version : african war ?

cormack
01-03-2010, 01:44 PM
i was looking through the gallery and seen some crazy pics i was wondering if there was any documentarys on the african war uncut ?

shatto
01-10-2010, 06:10 PM
I lived in Ethiopia for ten years, leaving in 1967.
On safaris to the western border we met missionaries and people who had experienced.....can we say Darfur?
Yes, the northern Sudanese have been slaughtering the southerners for many, many years.
Ironically, nobody, even today, mentions that the northern Sudanese is Arab Muslim (most look like middle-easterners) and the southerners are of tribes that look like Manute Bol and are not of the Islamic faith. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder? Naaah! Couldn't be a religious war.

Anyway, the reason there are no documentaries is because the film makers would not last long, and the local people are poorer than Barak Obama's Kenyan half-brother. In an area of nomadic herdsmen and survival farming where a transistor radio and wrist watch is an extreme luxury, there is no electricity much less what we consider basic sanitation, there will not be much cell-phone documentation like we see coming out of the tightly-sealed country of Iran.