PDA

View Full Version : sniper tv show on ''history '' channel

dmaxx3500
12-21-2009, 10:43 PM
it was on last night,anybody else see it,,got into how its done ,,and talked to 2 guys [1 canadian and 1 us] canadian shot a guy at 1mile and us marine sot one at 1.5 miles,and they had an older interview with carlos hathcock? [he is famous] about his shot against a nva and shotting the guy thru his scope

acf6
12-21-2009, 11:31 PM
I recorded it but havent watched it yet. I have read both books on Hathcock and his tactics were amazing!!!

dmaxx3500
12-21-2009, 11:40 PM
what ive read about him ,he was pretty cool,show was cool,but the guys seemed to like their work a little too much [not thats wrong],but some mamby pambys will whine about it

gazzthompson
12-22-2009, 04:03 PM
it was on last night,anybody else see it,,got into how its done ,,and talked to 2 guys [1 canadian and 1 us] canadian shot a guy at 1mile and us marine sot one at 1.5 miles,and they had an older interview with carlos hathcock? [he is famous] about his shot against a nva and shotting the guy thru his scope

The canadian was probably this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Furlong

and i doubt that the US marine got a 1.5 mile confirmed kill as rob furlong holds the record at 1.5miles.

dmaxx3500
12-22-2009, 07:51 PM
then i got it backwards,marine 1mile,,can 1.5,,both are incredible shots

acf6
12-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Watched it last night it was a good vid! Rob Furlong is the new record holder for longest confirmed kill at 1.5 miles he beat Carlos Hathcock's record by 154yds. Thing is furlong did it with a Mcmillan 50 cal bolt action sniper rifle while Hatchcock did his shot with a good ol M2 50 cal machine gun with a scope mounted on it. I forgot the Marines name now but a marine took out and insurgent at 1350yrds with a m40 7.62 and that is the new record for 7.62 caliber rifles. Another marine used the m82 semi auto 50cal system to take out 3 insurgents at 1mile with a special round that penetrates steel and concrete then explodes out the back. There was a lot more you need to watch it if you havent!!

death2mooj
12-23-2009, 07:28 PM
the thing about hathcocks longest shot was that it was done with an m2 with a scope pretty much jerry rigged on top of it, he had just zeroed the weapon for the range and the shot was taken on a vc that was sitting down taking a shit

the vc finished shitting and stood up while the bullet was in flight and stood up and got hit, had he remained sitting the round would have went over him...the furlong shot was a lucky shot as well, he had maxed out the elevation on the scope and was aiming above the mildots guessing

dmaxx3500
12-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Watched it last night it was a good vid! Rob Furlong is the new record holder for longest confirmed kill at 1.5 miles he beat Carlos Hathcock's record by 154yds. Thing is furlong did it with a Mcmillan 50 cal bolt action sniper rifle while Hatchcock did his shot with a good ol M2 50 cal machine gun with a scope mounted on it. I forgot the Marines name now but a marine took out and insurgent at 1350yrds with a m40 7.62 and that is the new record for 7.62 caliber rifles. Another marine used the m82 semi auto 50cal system to take out 3 insurgents at 1mile with a special round that penetrates steel and concrete then explodes out the back. There was a lot more you need to watch it if you havent!!

its great they got into how it works[wind and elevation]

acf6
12-24-2009, 02:11 PM
its great they got into how it works[wind and elevation]

Yea A lot of people don't understand just what goes into being a sniper!