PDA

View Full Version : Ants in the M&M's

shatto
12-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Problem: Ants in the M&M's.

I was mixing M&M's, from three opened 3lb. bags together in a bowl intending to pour them back into the bags, when I discovered that one bag had been infested with ants. They ate the outer coating down to the chocolate.

Okay, now we know that the self-sealing bag doesn't keep out ants. But, how do I remove the ants, now mixed into the entire bowl? And, no, I don't have the time to do it one at a time.

WretchedDevice
12-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Put the bowl in the freezer overnight and then sift them through a colander. I just came up with that shit off the top of my head...I'm Awesome! ;}

Personally I would be investing in some new M's

shatto
12-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Finally, it occurred to me that I had dumped two bags, one the standard M&M Peanut and one M&M Dark Chocolate Peanut, into a large cooking pot, then I added the 1/3 bag of ant covered M&M Peanut.

So I used a saucer to scoop out about half of the M&M's and discarded them. On the lawn. Christmas colored lawn.

I placed the rest on a cookie sheet and used a hair dryer to blow all the ant bodies and a few of the M&M's out.

Someone had said that the ants leave identifying pheromones to attract others to a food source. The seed was planted and I thought I was tasting it so I made my lawn even more festive looking.

I'm going to compile some of the replies to my post and send them to the M&M folks, for their amusement.

Speaking of amusement. Thank all of you.