PDA

View Full Version : Why Baseball is the Greatest Game

shatto
12-11-2009, 08:30 PM
It really happened.

http://www.responsibilityproject.com/films/player/the-home-run/

MickDonalds
12-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Baseball's been ruined by greed, plain and simple. There's no more true superstars to draw people in anymore because there's too much greed and not enough incentive to want to play harder or be better. When I'm an outfielder getting paid $5 million to run 300 yds a game and stand on a field doing pretty much nothing for 4 hours, I'm not going to be bothered to do jack shit to improve my game. Why? Because win or lose, I go home to my mansion and 6 cars everyday and swimming pool full of cash.

Also, owners and teams have gotten greedy that it's no longer an "everyman's" game where you can park for free, get cheap food and enjoy an afternoon in the "cheap seats".

Baseball needs to die or change back to the old days when it was worth a damn.

acf6
12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Baseball's been ruined by greed, plain and simple. There's no more true superstars to draw people in anymore because there's too much greed and not enough incentive to want to play harder or be better. When I'm an outfielder getting paid $5 million to run 300 yds a game and stand on a field doing pretty much nothing for 4 hours, I'm not going to be bothered to do jack shit to improve my game. Why? Because win or lose, I go home to my mansion and 6 cars everyday and swimming pool full of cash.

Also, owners and teams have gotten greedy that it's no longer an "everyman's" game where you can park for free, get cheap food and enjoy an afternoon in the "cheap seats".

Baseball needs to die or change back to the old days when it was worth a damn.

I'm with you Mick after their jackass of a strike back in the 90's it ruined any respect I had for MLB. I still love the game but cant stand these egotistical overpaid JACKASSES!!!!

Mel
12-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Baseball at it's purest. Not like the professional Prima donnas.

MickDonalds
12-13-2009, 03:32 AM
I refuse to give my hard earned money to a bunch of watered down hacks that don't try hard enough to play better or WANT to try hard to play better.

I give my money (when I'm home, and not deployed that is:) to the Oklahoma City Redhawks, AAA minor league team. Cheap, family fun, and the players actually GIVE A SHIT about their fans and attendance (part of their paycheck depends on overall franchise income from the ticket sales and so forth)

I mean really, who wants to see a stacked team like the Yankees win EVERY year, or at least be playoff competitive EVERY season? That's bullshit, and everyone knows it. Crap teams like the Nationals, Orioles, and Blue Jays CAN'T get good if the Yankees can just keep buying a Hall of Fame team.

The only way to fix this is for the fans to just not show up anymore. It works in football, it will work in the MLB. Drop the local TV coverage and stop going to the games, it will work.