PDA

View Full Version : FBI agent missing in Iran — 1,000 days and counting

bobdina
12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
FBI agent missing in Iran — 1,000 days and counting

By Lesley Clark | McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON — The family of Robert Levinson, a retired FBI agent who went missing in 2007 from a Persian Gulf island, is marking the 1,000th day of his disappearance with meetings at the White House and State Department.

Levinson's wife, Christine, who met Thursday morning with U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., said she's hoping to press for answers to her husband's whereabouts.

Her meetings include one at the White House with National Security Advisor James L. Jones, Nelson said.

The Iranian government has said it doesn't have information about her husband, Christine Levinson said, but recently asked her a series of questions about him — a move that Nelson suggested is a positive sign.

"I'm hoping that as a result of asking questions again, they have information and that they will share that information,'' Christine Levinson said.

The questions included what the South Florida man was doing on Kish, a resort island in the Persian Gulf where he was last seen. She said she told the government that Levinson was investigating cigarette smuggling for a client of his security firm.

Two of the couple's seven children, Daniel, 24, and Douglas, who turns 16 today, accompanied Christine Levinson Thursday.

"When Bob disappeared (Douglas) was 13 years old, 5-foot-2 [inches]. He's now almost 6' 4'' — the same height as my husband,'' Christine Levinson said. "He should be celebrating his birthday today, instead, we're here to talk about the fact that Bob is still not home.''

Levinson said she's anxious for any word on her husband.

"We have nothing,'' she said. "We don't even know if he's alive anymore. I'm hopeful, I've never heard anything that would indicate that he isn't, but I just don't know.''

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/world/story/80005.html

nastyleg
12-08-2009, 12:11 AM
I hate to say it but they tortured (interrogated) him then killed him.