PDA

View Full Version : MoH Veteran battles homeowners group on flag issue

bobdina
12-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Veteran battles homeowners group on flag issue

By Zinie Chen Sampson - The Associated Press
Posted : Wednesday Dec 2, 2009 20:53:08 EST

RICHMOND, Va. — A 90-year-old Army veteran who earned the Medal of Honor during World War II is battling his homeowners’ association for the right to fly the American flag from a pole in his front yard.

Col. Van Barfoot says he erected the flagpole in September. The homeowners’ association at his suburban Richmond subdivision told him that the free-standing pole violates aesthetic guidelines and ordered him to remove the structure or face a lawsuit.

Barfoot earned his medal for actions in Italy in 1944 and is one of about 90 surviving Medal of Honor recipients. He’s also been awarded the Purple Heart and other decorations.

Neighbors have expressed their support, but ultimately it’s up to the nine-member association board on whether they will grant an exception to the rules.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2009/12/ap_vetaran_flag_120209w/

nastyleg
12-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Grant a fucking exception....WTF....9 people are to decide....let it go to court the judge will side on his behalf and will punish the HOA.

In the words of my vietnam vet uncle George (Rusty) Siler Jr. and I quote "Fuck the HOA"

bobdina
12-04-2009, 02:50 PM
I was just reading where a HOA tried to enforce some bullshit rules ,the homeowner took them to court and won. The court ordered the HOA abolished for constantly abusing it's power.

ghost
12-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Holy shit... You've got to be fucking kidding me. HOA's and their dumbass rules.

When I read the title of the thread, I was thinking, "this must be in California...". But I guess not :lol:

But in all seriousness, how the fuck is someone not allowed to fly their nation's flag on their lawn?!?!?

Mel
12-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Would love to discuss this with them personally. Disrespectful...And Disgraceful.