PDA

View Full Version : Obama Takes First Step in Banning All Firearms

joedan
11-30-2009, 09:18 PM
This isn't a rumor, unless Reuters has started publishing them.

On Wednesday the Obama administration took its first major step in a plan to ban all firearms in the United States . The Obama administration
intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms.

The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened. Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States ) that will lead to new gun control laws while cloaked in secrecy. His Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

This is not a joke nor a false warning. As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means they can find, so will gun control.

Read the Article!

U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States reversed policy on Wednesday
and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as
long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every
nation a veto.

The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State
Department, overturns the position of former President George W. Bush's
administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds that national
controls were better than UN's.

The Full Article
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE59E0Q920091015 (mhtml:{F8D722D7-348F-4A23-8388-83723020D837}mid://00000158/!x-usc:http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE59E0Q920091015)

bobdina
11-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Distract the sheep with this big giant lead up in Afghanistan and sneak shit like this through. Nothing he does surprises me anymore. The dragged out wait in Afghanistan while troops were dying because the did not have more boots on the ground but they also didn't have those support troops which are so important to the grunts on the ground. (And no I was not one of those just a grunt but you tend to see how important they all are when you can't get what you need.

acf6
12-01-2009, 01:39 AM
This isnt happening not sure where they got this story!! There has been numerous bills and so on and so forth that havent passed and more and more rumors from people to start stories like this to get us citizens outraged and upset. I wouldn't read too much into since this violates the constitution and HE can't do that!

GTFPDQ
12-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Cant open the link. So I searched using the first line of the report..... It pops up on all the pro fire arms sites.... but not on Reuters.

What gives?

nastyleg
12-01-2009, 02:18 AM
I was able to find this

http://italy.usembassy.gov/pdf/other/RS22108.pdf

Hope this helps Charlie

acf6
12-01-2009, 02:42 AM
Charlie I wouldn't doubt if a lot of pro firearm groups are trying to rally their supporters. I am pro second amendment! Its probably just a political ploy to get citizens upset.

GTFPDQ
12-01-2009, 10:53 AM
No I wasn't saying that the pro firearms company were trying to rally anyone. It seems that when ever something anti-gun is posted, it becomes viral across the pro gun sites. Lets face it a little bit of shit stirring is good for the heart and in some cases the wallet.

Eric, the document you linked to dealt mostly with illegal arms sales and illegal gun spares and parts. I know it could be a slippery slop. But until some committee can agree on what should be recorded, there will never be a gun registry in the US.

In addition, if the Supreme Court held up the widely recognised interpretation of the 2nd amendment ( that is in favour of gun owners) nothing could touch the rights of any American who has the credentials to own a gun.

joedan
12-01-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure they need Congressional support to sign a treaty. I sure hope they do though. It isn't a bill and I think Bill Clinton might have even been considering supporting a treaty like this one. I've been hearing about this deal for a long time and if I'm not mistaken the language in the treaty actually moves towards outlawing certain classed of firearms all the way to pump action shotguns. I'll do some more research on it and see what all I can find. Everyone is aware of Obama's Marxist agenda. Marx proposed control of the media, banks and disarming the populace as first orders of business in setting up a regime. If this story is true and tenable legally it would be the measure that put the people in the streets for sure. Damned scary it is.

Joe

nastyleg
12-01-2009, 11:47 PM
I know Charlie that was the only thing I could find on the subject....This is a very touchy subject that if an International treaty were signed that made individual gun ownership illegal then there would be a second revolutonary war at the worst case scenario and the best case would be an impeachment of Odumba

acf6
12-02-2009, 03:18 AM
I hear what your saying Joe. There have been numerous things like this around for a long time and a treaty can not supersede the constitution. The doing away with certain class guns has been around forever. Thats the same style law they passed in Australia. I believe only guns your allowed to possess there are single shot double barrel or bolt action all repeating style arms were banned. And after they banned all those guns the crime rate went threw the roof!!

Reactor-Axe-Man
12-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Zero can sign all the treaties he likes, but if they aren't ratified by the Senate, they don't mean shit. And I would not count on ratification even in a 60-seat Democrat majority, either. The Dems know (and have publicly said as much) that gun control has been an issue they have gotten their asses kicked with in recent memory, and they don't want to go back there.

death2mooj
12-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Dont see that happening in the states because we are protected by the 2nd and unlike england which blindly signed their rights away I dont see that happening here.This is all stemming from the UN idiots trying that global gun ban community bullshit which is true and is happening. I just cant see the US ever being a part of that community.

However citizens in New Orleans were stripped of their weapons illegally and that was under Bush, so that just goes to show how it can be violated....I dont trust politicians, but I do trust my rifle.