PDA

View Full Version : NJ VA official admits faking military record

bobdina
11-30-2009, 06:24 PM
NJ VA official admits faking military record

The Associated Press
Posted : Monday Nov 30, 2009 13:06:36 EST

CAMDEN, N.J. — An official in New Jersey’s Military and Veterans Affairs Department has admitted he falsely claimed a heroic record in the Vietnam War as a paratrooper and artilleryman.

Sixty-four-year-old William Devereaux of Laurel Springs did not just tell lies. He also broke the law because he said his military service left him totally and permanently disabled and was qualified for a property tax exemption.

As part of his guilty plea to theft charges Monday, Devereaux agreed to serve 30 days of house arrest, five years probation and to reimburse Laurel Springs more than $54,000 in unpaid taxes.

Devereaux is also resigning from his job with the state Division of Veterans Services, where he is director of veterans programs.

bobdina
11-30-2009, 06:25 PM
I know hardly anyone reads these items about fakers , however I hate them and will publish everyone I see.

nastyleg
12-01-2009, 01:20 AM
I know hardly anyone reads these items about fakers , however I hate them and will publish everyone I see.

Amen brother keep up the good fight.

bobdina
12-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks, sometimes I get pissed when only 7 or 8 people read these but then I realize thats 7 or 8 who had no idea how bad the faking has become.

Mel
12-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Keep posting them Bob.I love to see these assholes get caught.