PDA

View Full Version : Obama, Ditherer-in-Chief

scoutsout80
11-12-2009, 12:34 PM
So .. how weak does America look now? Well, that's not all bad, is it? After all, last year Europeans responded to a poll by saying that they wanted to see a weaker United States. The Community Organizer may not be giving the American people - at least those in the producer class - what they want, but he's determined to make Europeans happy.

What am I talking about? Obama and Afghanistan, that's what. The dithering is back. President "Sort of a God" has rejected all options presented to him for troop strength increases in Afghanistan. He apparently knows better than a professional Soldier of 40 years who has been on the ground for more time than he has been President. He wants all plans redrawn and he'll give them some consideration upon his return from his Asian trip. In the meantime troop morale in Afghanistan is tanking. Understandable, when your Commander-in-Chief projects international weakness.

Make no mistake: Obama's continued dithering will cost lives. With every day that passes we're discovering that this man is completely and totally out of his league. He should be wandering the Southside Streets of Chicago registering voters, not leading our wonderful troops.

The Scout is very sad for our troops. America projecting weakness around the world ... Change you can believe in.

GTFPDQ
11-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Totally agree. I may not be an American, I may have no right to question the American CiC, but when his actions cause a ripple through the coalition governments, everyone has a right to say something.

I dont think for a minute that McCrystal was just asking for an arbitrary number of troops, he has thought hard about what he needs.

Obama has made every other government question what to do. How should the troops feel, how will affect them in the field?

scoutsout80
11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
You may not be American but you are a brother....hell, you are a Brit, we are the same stock but speak a different language! Obama is an empty suit....cheers, mate.

nastyleg
11-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Totally agree. I may not be an American, I may have no right to question the American CiC, but when his actions cause a ripple through the coalition governments, everyone has a right to say something.

I dont think for a minute that McCrystal was just asking for an arbitrary number of troops, he has thought hard about what he needs.

Obama has made every other government question what to do. How should the troops feel, how will affect them in the field?

It is okay Charlie, I question Browns actions and motives for letting the MoD cut the budget then give the civilian staff a bonus while widows/widowers/wounded are suffering.

scoutsout80
11-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Politicians.....argggggghhhhhhhh

bobdina
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
I agree with all of the above, when The President of the United States makes decisions that affect a whole hell of a lot of people other then Americans they all have the right and duty to question him. The one thing I cannot understand for the life of me is how 51% of the public still gives him a passing grade. It just goes to show you the vast majority of Americans do not follow current events, or just don't care anymore.

scoutsout80
11-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Bob, go to peopleofwalmart.com and there is your answer......these people vote

bobdina
11-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Bob, go to peopleofwalmart.com and there is your answer......these people vote

Holy shit I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.

shatto
11-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Remember mom asking if you would (fill in blank) just because all your friends did?

So, polls show that everybody embraces Nanny Statism, destroying Capitalism, a weak America, etc., etc., etc.

That make them right?

bobdina
11-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Obama: Hold Off on Hood Probe
November 14, 2009
United Press International
U.S. President Barack Obama Saturday urged members of Congress not to turn the investigation into the Fort Hood massacre into "political theater."

In his weekly radio and Internet address, released by the White House during the president's Asia trip, Obama renewed his pledge to thoroughly investigate the Nov. 5 shooting rampage that killed 13 people and wounded dozens more at the sprawling Texas Army base.

As some lawmakers planned or called for congressional investigations, Obama urged them to wait and allow federal intelligence agencies, law enforcement and the military to gather and examine evidence in one of the deadliest shootings ever on a U.S. military base.

"I know there will also be inquiries by Congress, and there should," Obama said. "But all of us should resist the temptation to turn this tragic event into the political theater that sometimes dominates the discussion here in Washington. The stakes are far too high."

Obama said the background, views and possible motives of the gunman would be scrutinized to reveal "potential warning signs that may have been known" before the shootings.

The military has charged Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, with 13 counts of premeditated murder. After he opened fire, two civilian police officers shot and wounded him, and he appears to be paralyzed from the waist down, his lawyer said.

Since the shootings, troubling details about Hasan's past have emerged. For example, he had repeated e-mail contacts last year with a radical Muslim cleric who praised Hasan after the shootings as a "hero" for "doing the right thing," investigators say. In 2007, Hasan said Muslim soldiers shouldn't have to serve in Afghanistan and Iraq because they'd be fighting fellow Muslims, The Washington Post reported. And fellow doctors at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington suggested Hasan might be psychotic and worried about his extremist Islamic views, National Public Radio said.

"We must compile every piece of information that was known about the gunman, and we must learn what was done with that information," Obama said. "Once we have those facts, we must act upon them. If there was a failure to take appropriate action before the shootings, there must be accountability.

"Most importantly," he added, "we must quickly and thoroughly evaluate and address any flaws in the system so that we can prevent a similar breach from happening again. Our government must be able to act swiftly and surely when it has threatening information. And our troops must have the security that they deserve."

ghost
11-16-2009, 01:20 PM
U.S. President Barack Obama Saturday urged members of Congress not to turn the investigation into the Fort Hood massacre into "political theater."

Oh the irony! So I guess Hasan doesn't get to go to court in NYC with his buddies?

I really can't believe that he said that. He doesn't want to turn this into "political theater"... Then what is the difference between this and the hundreds of Gitmo detainees that he wants to try in courts?

I'm really tired of this shit. This political correctness, race card, blame the previous administration, indecisive bullshit needs to stop.