PDA

View Full Version : Fort Hood was "act of terror"

nastyleg
11-12-2009, 02:50 AM
McCain says Fort Hood was "act of terror"
by Associated Press (November 11th, 2009 @ 1:15pm)

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Arizona Sen. John McCain said Wednesday he considered the Fort Hood shooting an ``act of terror'' and said authorities should have been alerted to ``disturbing behavior patterns'' exhibited by the Army psychiatrist accused of gunning down his comrades.

``I believe it was an act of terror,'' McCain told a crowd at the University of Louisville during a question-and-answer session after a Veterans Day tribute to the military.

Pressed later by a reporter to explain his words, the ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee said: ``The fact is that it was an act of terror when you're on a military base, and you are a trusted member of the military, a commissioned officer, and you kill your fellow members in the military -- motivated obviously by his views of the extremist interpretation of an honorable religion,'' McCain said.

Army Maj. Nidal Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, is alleged to have killed 13 people at the massive Army installation in Texas last week.

McCain, the GOP's 2008 presidential nominee, said that it was ``especially galling'' that Hasan had volunteered for military service and received taxpayer-supported training and medical schooling.

``The depth of his ingratitude is really remarkable,'' McCain later told reporters.

Still, McCain said in remarks to the crowd that he wasn't prepared to reach any conclusions about the shooting until the investigation is complete.

``But I think one thing is pretty obvious,'' McCain said. ``And that is there were signs that this individual had some very disturbing behavior patterns, which should have been alerted to the proper authorities and action should have been taken.''

McCain later Wednesday joined U.S. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell in dedicating a new university library archive to house McConnell's papers and those of McConnell's wife, former U.S. Labor Secretary Elaine Chao. Chao also was on hand.

http://www.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1230840

bobdina
11-12-2009, 05:15 PM
If anyone is not calling this an act of terror they are not well informed. This was a unprovoked act of terror and I really hate judging people after the fact. I'm sure even if they had advance warning that a terror attack is likely it would still happen as A- Hassan still had the sticker on his windshield allowing access to the post and B- even if he was stopped he had his Military I.D. with him and I really doubt having both of them he would have been stopped anyway and this despicable act still would have happened. The one place soldiers feel safe form this kind of shit is in the barracks(meaning post)

shatto
11-15-2009, 04:19 AM
McCain says........
Sorry. My give-a-damn's busted.

I tend to think, or at least pray, that most of us recognised it as terrorism the instant we heard his name.