PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to that solider kidnapped?

windexglow
11-11-2009, 10:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowe_Bergdahl

Any news on the guy?

bobdina
11-12-2009, 12:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowe_Bergdahl

Any news on the guy?

No, for some reason the Army is keeping it Hush Hush. As soon as there is news on him I will post it,

MickDonalds
11-12-2009, 08:51 AM
I have yet to understand why they're keeping it a secret. It doesn't make sense. You'd think they'd want the country to rally behind something, rather than hear news reports of Brad Pitt's most recent bowel movement, or Kanye West's toothbrushing techniques.

bobdina
11-12-2009, 07:36 PM
I gotta tell ya I truly believe that even if the news reported on it the general population (Not troops families or friends) would still not care nor would they watch after the first day or 2. Call me bitter or whatever you want but the only time they even mention the troops anymore is to report deaths or if they have a reporter there they are setting something up just for them to look like they care. I have become very jaded. Bob

MickDonalds
11-13-2009, 01:31 AM
I gotta tell ya I truly believe that even if the news reported on it the general population (Not troops families or friends) would still not care nor would they watch after the first day or 2. Call me bitter or whatever you want but the only time they even mention the troops anymore is to report deaths or if they have a reporter there they are setting something up just for them to look like they care. I have become very jaded. Bob

I'm with you Bob. I was here in Iraq (where I am now) during 2004 when the media had a field day with Abu Ghraib, and I'll NEVER forgive or FORGET how they condemned every last soldier serving in Iraq. The media denigrates our accomplishments by pretending we've made no progress in Iraq, when in reality, we're winning, and the world is safer due to the pre-emptive "bait and kill" strategy on Radical Islam. They ignore our successes and wish us harm by overexposing Haditha and other fictionalized accounts of rumors and heresay. I'm just as bitter and I won't forgive an institution that undermines what I love doing.

Fuck the media. I told a cameraman and a journo to "get the fuck away from me" back in July when they showed up to report a bridge build of ours (I'm in a Bridge Building unit in the ARMY). "Get the fuck away from me!" They looked surprised when I said it, too.

ghost
11-13-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm with you Bob. I was here in Iraq (where I am now) during 2004 when the media had a field day with Abu Ghraib, and I'll NEVER forgive or FORGET how they condemned every last soldier serving in Iraq. The media denigrates our accomplishments by pretending we've made no progress in Iraq, when in reality, we're winning, and the world is safer due to the pre-emptive "bait and kill" strategy on Radical Islam. They ignore our successes and wish us harm by overexposing Haditha and other fictionalized accounts of rumors and heresay. I'm just as bitter and I won't forgive an institution that undermines what I love doing.

Fuck the media. I told a cameraman and a journo to "get the fuck away from me" back in July when they showed up to report a bridge build of ours (I'm in a Bridge Building unit in the ARMY). "Get the fuck away from me!" They looked surprised when I said it, too.

Well said.

Haha, you told that to a journalist? Awesome. I've always wanted to do that.

GTFPDQ
11-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Journos get people killed. Nuff said.

MickMac, kudos brother kudos.

MickDonalds
11-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Well said.

Haha, you told that to a journalist? Awesome. I've always wanted to do that.

Thanks.

At the risk of sounding like a big, bad "Internet Tough Guy" :rolleyes:, yes I told that to a reporter and his cameraman. My CO asked me about it later and I told him I was right to do what I did, despite it giving our unit an iffy reputation with that particular media outlet.

I'm right to distrust the media and I will hold my petty grudge to the grave until the American major media outlets line up, present themselves before the Pentagon's leaders and former major commanders (on down to Brigade level) of Iraq and Afghanistan and appoligize for how many soldiers and Marines they've aided in killing. When they apologize and admit they profited from "bleeds it leads" stories. When they admit they've deliberatly tried to incense the Muslim world against us, and pay reparations out of pocket to the Wouned Warrior foundation and SGLI fund towards KIA families, I'll forgive them and trust the media again. Until that time, I wish harm upon any journo I see "doing their job" (:rolleyes:) here in a place they don't belong.

Sorry to be melodramatic, but many of my colleagues and fellow military men feel exactly the same way. They're not as boisterous about it as I am.

bobdina
11-13-2009, 12:53 PM
In case your wondering the FTM above my avatar means Fuck the media I cannot believe you actually typed that in one of your responses Mick.

cormack
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM
I have yet to understand why they're keeping it a secret. It doesn't make sense. You'd think they'd want the country to rally behind something, rather than hear news reports of Brad Pitt's most recent bowel movement, or Kanye West's toothbrushing techniques.

lmaoo

windexglow
11-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Bad news travels faster than good news, unfortunately.

dmaxx3500
11-14-2009, 01:11 AM
and weve heard very little about the 2 us soliders now drowned trying to retreve an airdropped supplies last week,just heard they found 1 soliders body [r.i.p.]

windexglow
12-25-2009, 11:17 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8430431.stm

Anyone have the full video?

dmaxx3500
12-25-2009, 12:32 PM
at least he's still alive,we need to trade him for the taliban captives [only after planting locater chips in them] then sending B-52'S over them and carpet bombing them into the stone age,

cormack
12-26-2009, 06:35 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8430431.stm

Anyone have the full video?

heres a longer one http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/25/bowe-bergdahl-taliban-vid_n_403659.html

windexglow
07-24-2010, 02:00 PM
In the sad light of an apparent 2 more US kidnaps, any news on this guy?

bobdina
07-24-2010, 03:32 PM
No , nothing at all.

Jivaro
09-14-2010, 12:56 PM
I think a big problem with "the media" is the feeling it's become more like high school then an esteemed profession. With wannabe bloggers and bias rampant, it's tough to get real stories. Journalist acts as the popular kid and looks down on the subjects. Promises to paint something accuracte, then trashes the person in the end. It's rediculous and sad.

I was hoping the tide changed; especially with the mentality of "love the soldier despite how you feel of the war". I'm not trying to make any political statement, but I think the public is way more supportive of soldiers no matter what the media tries to sensationalize. i never had disrespect, but I have more respect now than I ever could.

Thank goodness for THIS site though. It's so supportive and informitive; and the best place to learn anything. Just a few days and dozens of articles gave me a huge insight. Glad I found it, and nice work on giving the reporters the business. haha