PDA

View Full Version : Sources: USNA subbed mids to look more diverse

bobdina
11-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Sources: USNA subbed mids to look more diverse

By Philip Ewing - Staff writer
Posted : Friday Nov 6, 2009 13:52:24 EST

Naval Academy leaders removed two midshipmen from a color guard that performed at the World Series last week because they were white men, and replaced them with a non-white man and a white woman so the academy could present a more “diverse” profile, according to several sources, a move that has reportedly angered mids and alumni.

see more here http://www.navytimes.com/news/2009/11/navy_colorguard_110509w/

scoutsout80
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
sad, so sad

no problems at West Point though
www.westpointaog.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=3394

nastyleg
11-06-2009, 04:30 PM
being PC is killing us....literaly

Mel
11-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Just makes me want to puke.

joedan
11-07-2009, 12:47 AM
What these assholes refuse to recognize is that all the PC bullshit they've put this nation through for the last 25 or 30 years is building up to one hell of a show down. I work in the DoD industry and these policies have built up more animosity in the general public than I saw during the 60's. Once it all boils over there's going to be hell to pay and the politicians will all play dumb. I was raised not to see in color and to give everyone a fair shot. My patience has worn way thin. Pisses me off.

nastyleg
11-07-2009, 01:44 AM
America is suppose to be a melting pot right? So why are we seperate?
Easy enough to answer hard to explain but I will give it a try.

Melting pot is a dream, We have soo many people from various back grounds that do not want and chose not to give up there heratige. How many people do you talk to say the are ___________ Americans? Shit we use that term all the time right __________ American. Hell it is so main stream that not to call an American a black, white, latino/hispanic,Italian,Irish....so on and so forth you get the feeling that you have offended someone some how. The idea of putting ___________ American is very old. It is as old as America herself. Calling a spade a spade and a bucket a bucket will not suffice anymore you got to break it down to the base level now. For some reason we have all been programed to call people by another nationality, or race before America. It is for that reason that people can not help but sterio type. CNN is doing a excellent job at dividing us as a nation. Look at their so called specials. Black in America, Latino in America. These "specials" are designed to give us insight into how certain Americans live in America? Is all that shit really neccessary?! We cannot be a bag of mixed nuts because we chose not to. Is it white people who are the biggest bigots, racist? No because we all are regardless of skin color. We all distrust each other get the fuck over it.

acf6
11-07-2009, 02:19 AM
I've said this before WHO CARES ABOUT COLOR RELIGION AND ETHNIC BACKGROUND were all AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!