PDA

View Full Version : UK soldiers 'shot' in Falklands

GTFPDQ
10-31-2009, 10:50 PM
The incident is reported to have taken place during a live firing session.

Three members of the UK armed forces have been hospitalised following an incident in the Falkland Islands, the Ministry of Defence has said.

The incident took place on 27 October and the three, reportedly soldiers, were immediately airlifted to King Edward Hospital in Stanley.

One of the casualties- reportedly from the Royal Regiment of Scotland - is being medically evacuated to the UK.

The Daily Telegraph said they were shot during a live firing training session.

The three are reported to have been hit by automatic fire during a platoon live firing training practice session on the Onion Range, land which is used for training by the Army and located on a remote part of East Falkland island.

The MoD did not confirm which regiment the soldiers were from, but did say the only infantry regiment serving in the Falklands is 5 Scots, the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, Royal Regiment of Scotland.

Companies are regularly posted to the islands for protection duties and training.

The Canterbury-based 5 Scots, an air assault battalion, recently returned from a tour of duty in Afghanistan.

The MoD has also said that the soldiers' next of kin have been informed and an investigation is ongoing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8336120.stm

Toki
10-31-2009, 11:31 PM
I've seen a lot of Falklands live fire videos. From what I've seen the only way you can get hit is to be way down range. I hope they pull through.