PDA

View Full Version : Greate Debate: Gun control

Stark
10-25-2009, 04:27 AM
Do you feel that gun control laws in the United States (or you site your own example) should be more strict?

Debate.

acf6
10-25-2009, 05:12 AM
I live in a state that has some of the most strict gun laws there is. I feel everyone has the right to bear arms according to the constitution. Their are some that lose that right, ie felons, because of their behavior. When they passed the assault weapons ban it did nothing to deter crime!! Studies have shown that! What happened in Australia when they banned most of the guns? Crime went up because criminals still had guns and the law abiding citizens didn't, and the criminals knew that!! Look at the Uk they have no guns and are now arming police officers because they have learned that it doesnt matter the criminals still use them!!

PS Good gun control is hitting your target!! LOL

laserblast92
10-25-2009, 10:59 AM
I live in California. I live in an area that has no police patrols. The only time the police come around is when they are called and unless the word "gun" is mentioned they take an hour to get there. So I can not rely on the police to protect me all the time.

Gun control laws only affect the law abiding people.

Zulu
10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
I Live in South Africa and they have recently made it almost impossble to own a gun in a country where there are 50 murders a day and crime spiralling out of control and lots of people have lost there lives to criminals because of this.But on a side note the cops have now been given a 'Shoot First Ask Questions Later' policy which seems to have scared them alot.

But on the issue of Gun Control as a whole, half the time the guns that are used in crimes etc. are illegal in the first place so they cant be stopped by implementing laws that only law abiding citizens follow. So what is the point? Citizens get Weaker and criminals stronger, the complete opposite of the intended effect.

GTFPDQ
10-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I really wonder if the founding fathers actually meant what was written to be interpreted the way it is today. In there time, there was the ubiquitous "six shooter" and the barrel loaded rifle. What would the say if they had had the guns then that they have now?

Im a Brit, Ive never had the need to own a gun when living there. I live in Canada now and dont need a gun here.

But NY is 365Km from me and anytime I cross the border, I feel like I need a gun.

I served in the Army and the RAF, I learned how to use pistols, rifles, MGs, SMGs,......etc etc... I respect firearms because I was taught to respect them. Are the reported 200 million firearms in the US get the same respect?

shatto
10-29-2009, 01:46 AM
Do you feel that gun control laws in the United States (or you site your own example) should be more strict?

Debate.

Feel?

Are you a metrosexual?

Seriously, a 'debate' based on feelings might be an alright way to fetter time at Starbucks but I want thoughts and beliefs based on thinking about law and how people behave.

Feelings are not going to overcome the assult against the Second Amendment.

How about everybody reading this thread joining the NRA so your dues can be used to protect....you.

Stark
10-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Feel?

Are you a metrosexual?

Seriously, a 'debate' based on feelings might be an alright way to fetter time at Starbucks but I want thoughts and beliefs based on thinking about law and how people behave.

How about everybody reading this thread joining the NRA so your dues can be used to protect....you.

:scared:

shootfirst83
10-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Feel?

Are you a metrosexual?

Feel, think, same thing. Don't get caught up on semantics. That's what the people who write gun control laws do when they tell us the second ammendment should only authorize us to have flintlocks...

The thought behind background checks to purchase a firearm doesn't neccesarily bother me, it's when I go to purchase a new (controlled) firearm and I still have to wait eight fucking days for the background check to clear. That's retarded. If I'm going to commit a crime with a firearm, I'd do it with one of the many that I own. I wouldn't go out and purchase a brand new one just to go out and break the law. I also don't like the fact that my state, Maryland, is one of the hardest states to get a concealed carry permit in. You have to either show credible evidence that someone is out to kill you or carry large amounts of money on a regular basis. Even if you get a concealed permit for carrying money, you can only carry from your business to the bank. I think all states should be open carry at the least. An armed society is a polite society...

sparkie
11-07-2009, 09:41 AM
It's like this. Where I buy my beer, the lady casher wears a Glock, I love this town.

There's a S&W .45 on my nightstand, and a Bersa .380 on my wifes,,,,,,,,Gun Control.

Mel
11-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Shatto, Sparkie, Amen to that brothers. I'm a life member of the NRA.Have owned a gun sense the age of 8,Keep a .38 spl. on the headboard and a shotgun beside the mattress. Why would I want more strict laws put on me while the criminals run wild. I DON"T THINK SO!