PDA

View Full Version : Subject: Bush and Obama

shatto
10-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Subject: Bush and Obama
(borrowed from another website and posted here)

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompTer installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, of taxpayer money, to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Prime Minister Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVD's, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had misspelled the word advice would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potato as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic,would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

All this was done in less than 6 months... imagine what another 3 and a-half years can bring.

Amazing how we can brand one man an idiot and another brilliant, and thus amplify every mistake of the former while overlooking so many of the latter...

GTFPDQ
10-19-2009, 11:41 PM
I want to disagree with this on principle but I cant.

FASoldier
10-20-2009, 06:05 PM
The problem is (in my view) that people were sold on a president from a different color, i personally dont care what you are...you could be a 3 ft. 1 in. green bear riding a unicyle as long as you hold up your end of the bargain. Yes I voted for Obama, not because of his color but because that man can talk, he talked about alot of things that he would do to help americans and the country, so I voted. For a little while I thought "hmmm maybe hes the real deal" then it became crystal clear that hes nothing more than a child playing in a sandbox proclaiming sandbox dreams, wanting to do so much in little time. I like so many americans wanted change, America started on a downward spiral and we wanted relief from that, I didn't want to see a great depression that I read about in H.S. But we are getting shafted. I love this country and I would give my life for her but it is kind of hard when we have people in office that wont listen...

GTFPDQ
10-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Whoa, Bush was a different colour?

I am worried about the US under Obama, it seems that there is a growing undercurrent of frustration at his administration.

ghost
10-21-2009, 10:20 PM
While he may not be the most competent leader, I still respect his position. With that said, I do understand where you're coming from.

nastyleg
10-22-2009, 01:54 AM
If George W. Bush had kept the press out of Guantanamo Bay Prison would you protest him for lack of freedom of the press.
If George W. Bush ignored his generals would you have gotten outraged
thought I would add that in

scoutsout80
10-22-2009, 10:20 AM
If George Bush declared war on a news network because he did not like what they said about him whould there be an uproar?