PDA

View Full Version : Latest Russian Army media releases

bobdina
09-26-2009, 11:54 AM
General of the Army Vladimir Boldyrev: "In the Land Force 85 brigades of constant readiness, capable to act in any directions, are formed"

In the Land Force of Russia "already 85 brigades of constant combat readiness, including combined-arms, missile, landing-assault, of electronic struggle and other formations, capable to act in any directions as a matter of fact are formed". The Commander-in-Chief of the Land Force General of the Army Vladimir Boldyrev informed on this upon termination of the tactical-special exercise of the 33-rd separate brigade of operative assignment of the North-Western regional command of the Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation, which passed within the limits of operative-and-strategic manoeuvres of the AF and other power structures in the northwest of Russia.

" The effective combat strength, organizational-regular structure of the Land Force will be presented by units and formations only of constant combat readiness, capable to carry out tasks within the shortest terms", - the Commander-in-Chief of the Land Force told.

"These are fast-moving troops, capable to operate without implementation of measures on mobilizing and additional team training in all directions, and first

in those, where there are the most probable threats to the national and military security of Russia", - was emphasized by General of the Army Vladimir Boldyrev.

General of the Army Vladimir Boldyrev: "Within the exercise "Ladoga-2009" the thorny question in the Russian army - control from the General Staff to a platoon - is investigated"

Within the limits of the operative-and-strategic exercise of Armed Forces and other power structures "Ladoga-2009" the special attention is given to research the most acute problem existing in the Armed Forces, - precise and trouble-free work of the control system from the General Staff to a platoon inclusive. This was declared by the Commander-in-Chief of the Land Force General of the Army Vladimir Boldyrev.

"One of the main tasks of exercises "Ladoga-2009" consists in researching questions of control of Armed Forces from the General Staff to a platoon inclusive. It is the complicated question in our army, above which decision we are working at our exercises", - General of the Army Vladimir Boldyrev told.

As he said, features of the exercise "Ladoga-2009" consist that it is conducted within the limits of the strategic manoeuvres "Autumn-2009", covering all three strategic directions in the Western battlefield - Southwestern, Western and Northwestern.

The Commander-in-Chief of the Land Force reminded in this connection that in June of the current year within the limits of manoeuvres "Autumn-2009" in the territory of the North-Caucasian region the operative-and-strategic exercises "Caucasus-2009" had passed .

"Now two operative-and-strategic exercises "Ladoga-2009" in the northwest of Russia and "West-2009", which cover the central part of Russia, the territories of the Moscow military district and a part of the territory of the Volga-Urals military district, and also the territory of Belarus, are simultaneously conducted", - General of the Army Vladimir Boldyrev informed.

He reminded that within the limits of the exercise "Ladoga-2009" by his personal decision the 28-th separate motorized-rifle brigade of the Volga-Urals military district was suddenly lifted on alarm, was brought to the higher degree of combat readiness and was thrown into the region of manoeuvres in the northwest of Russia. "The brigade has arrived to the region of manoeuvres and is preparing for carrying out of a tactical daylight field firing exercise", - General of the Army Vladimir Boldyrev specified.

The tank base in Novosibirsk is 20 years of age

Today the Central base of tank reserve, which is stationed in the Novosibirsk Region, is 20 years of age.

It is not only one of the best military units of tank troops, it is also known by many Siberians: on its base assemblies for military men of reserve are often conducted, studies with representatives of mass media took place, and in the museum of armour vehicles domestic tanks - from legendary T-34s up to the advanced ones are presented.

http://www.mil.ru/eng/1866/12078/details/index.shtml?id=67103

ghost
09-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Always interesting to see what the Russkies are up to.

GTFPDQ
09-26-2009, 04:49 PM
There are always mixed reports coming from the Russians. They may have the manpower but is their equipment at the right level and condition? Its one thing to have 85 Brigades operational, but by what standards?

ghost
09-27-2009, 01:00 AM
There are always mixed reports coming from the Russians. They may have the manpower but is their equipment at the right level and condition? Its one thing to have 85 Brigades operational, but by what standards?

This is true. Some of their equipment may be top notch, but they don't have enough of it to field all of their units. The fancy stuff(T-90s/BMP3s) is for the units in Moscow I believe. Remember when the Russians fought the Georgians in that skirmish, last year, they were mainly fielding upgraded T-72s and BMP-2s.

bobdina
09-28-2009, 03:16 PM
And over 1/2 of their Armor force became lost and disoriented and another 1/4 broke down. Even the new updated stuff does not have gps or any nav systems. At least according to a BBC special I saw a couple of months ago. It was very interesting done over 3 nights on BBC America, they gave the reporter unrestricted access to almost everything and when he tried to ask a couple of Generals about the upcoming downsizing of the military they had their aides block them from answering.I guess some things are hard for old timers to change with .But the one thing I found very interesting was one of their defense leaders said they want an Army just like the U.S.'s because of the success the surge had in Iraq. I was really gobsmacked(I think thats how it's spelled) by that comment. . They even gave the reporter rides on the new armor and he was allowed to talk to the first Russian unit to be all volunteer I can't remember what unit it was but it was called an airborne unit though they had no jump training as yet.

Toki
09-28-2009, 04:54 PM
And over 1/2 of their Armor force became lost and disoriented and another 1/4 broke down. Even the new updated stuff does not have gps or any nav systems. At least according to a BBC special I saw a couple of months ago. It was very interesting done over 3 nights on BBC America, they gave the reporter unrestricted access to almost everything and when he tried to ask a couple of Generals about the upcoming downsizing of the military they had their aides block them from answering.I guess some things are hard for old timers to change with .But the one thing I found very interesting was one of their defense leaders said they want an Army just like the U.S.'s because of the success the surge had in Iraq. I was really gobsmacked(I think thats how it's spelled) by that comment. . They even gave the reporter rides on the new armor and he was allowed to talk to the first Russian unit to be all volunteer I can't remember what unit it was but it was called an airborne unit though they had no jump training as yet.

Sounds interesting. Is that documentary available online?

bobdina
09-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Sounds interesting. Is that documentary available online?

Not sure, never checked it was part of there BBC America news nightly reposrts and they gave it about 15 minutes a night so it should be long enough if they wanted to. Not sure if they do that for the American broadcast though.

ghost
09-28-2009, 07:12 PM

Interesting. Perhaps the all volunteer unit was part of the VDV(Paratroopers)?

Toki
09-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Interesting. Perhaps the all volunteer unit was part of the VDV(Paratroopers)?

Probably. Most volunteers in the Russian army get sent to VDV units or Spetsnaz units.

Reactor-Axe-Man
09-28-2009, 10:32 PM
85 brigades? How many of them have the wherewithal to even get to the fight, and of those, how many will stick around after the first bullet comes their way?

Color me skeptical.

GTFPDQ
09-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Totally agree R-A-M, but what colour is skeptical?