PDA

View Full Version : Russias offical response to missle defence cancellation

bobdina
09-21-2009, 12:40 PM
RF President Dmitry Medvedev's statement in response to the new U.S. approach to missile defence

“In Russia we duly noted President Obama's statement about the United States' new approach to the issue of missile defence.

I have discussed this issue with Mr President during our meetings in London and Moscow. Along with this we agreed that the United States and Russia will strive to work together to assess the risks of missile proliferation in the world, and integrated this aspiration into our agreements, our joint statements.

Today's statement from Washington shows that there are good conditions to pursue such work. Of course, we still have to hold relevant expert consultations, and naturally our country is ready for this.

In any case, during my meeting with President Obama scheduled for September 23 in New York, we will have a good opportunity to exchange views on all issues affecting strategic stability, including missile defence.

I hope that we'll be able to instruct the appropriate departments, both Russian and American, to intensify cooperation, including with European countries and other concerned states. We will work together to develop effective measures against the risks of missile proliferation. Measures that take into account the interests and concerns of all parties, and ensure equal security for all countries in European territory.

We appreciate the responsible attitude of the President of the United States towards implementing our agreements. I am ready to continue our dialogue.”

cancellation
From the official site of the RF President www.kremlin.ru

bobdina
09-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Gotta love there translators .

ghost
09-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Hmm. Do you think it's possible to have a joint project with Russia, on this missile defense issue?

bobdina
09-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Personally I don't , but that's just my opinion . I don't trust Russia at all.

ghost
09-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Personally I don't , but that's just my opinion . I don't trust Russia at all.

Hmm. Well they are blatantly doing business with our enemies/potential enemies(Iran and Venezuela).

GTFPDQ
09-21-2009, 04:47 PM
All that happened after the wall came down in 89, was that Russia stumbled and lost its footing. I doubt that in the corridors of power anything changed with regards to the cold war. Russia has lost some and gained few friends. The same machinery is at work but with a new gucci facade.

Russia will always be an enemy of most western countries, mainly because Russia cant change beyond its current state, if it does, it falls and loses everything.

They are playing a game of "look at them, now look at us, are we so different from them?". The thing is, in the current climate of terrorism, they are having a hard time on their home ground.