PDA

View Full Version : have you seen a Apache fly by your house?

Scott
09-17-2009, 10:02 AM
No nor have i until today, i took my dog to the local park today and on my way home i heard a chopper, i shit myself as it came over the tree line near my house, iv'e never ever seen an AH-64 Apache fly over london before, the sound was just beutiful, yet so quiet.

i thought they would be loud but they arn't that loud at all, its a shame i never had my cam recorder with me.

Markoxx
09-17-2009, 10:44 AM
In Iraq i lived in a place called baiji its 30 kilometers northren Tikrit saddams town, every day the apaches flied over our house i have actually seen the apache firing 30 mm and missles in real as well, believe me u dont want 2 hear the sound of the missles , cuz its scary, i have seen f-15, f-16, b52 and other jets in live action, da same with tanks, humves, bradlies and ieds. LIFE THERE SUCKS MATE, I WAS IN A WAR ZONE, i still remember when a us humve got hit by ied near our house, i was at school at that time, the sound of the ied was kick ass, no us soldier got killed by an iraqi police man. i still remember the apches flied 2 damn low , then 2 blackhwaks came 2 evacuate the dead iraqi police man. but damn us soldiers got crazy and stared 2 search every house in the area, we couldnt seelp that night haha.

Scott
09-17-2009, 04:03 PM
damm man soudns hectic, i would have flinched or hid behind a wall, going into battlefield2 mode , crouch behind the wall and say enemy spotted.

ghost
09-17-2009, 06:56 PM
No, I haven't. I'm sure that would be pretty cool though. I see blackhawks all the time, though.

Scott
09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
No, I haven't. I'm sure that would be pretty cool though. I see blackhawks all the time, though. yeah same, iv'e seen a convoy of helicopters fly over here before,some1 actually recorded it.

iv'e seen them big transport helicopters what we use, i can't think of the name, its not a chinook but more like a blackhawk but bigger, 3 days ago they was circling my Area for a good 20 minutes before going. its the first time iv'e seen an apache for that matter in the air with my own eyes and i have to say i shit myself at first.

theres 8 helicopters there, 2 of them the same type was the ones circling the other day.

YouTube - 8 Helicopters Fly Over London 9th July 2009

i couldn't beleive my eyes when i saw them flying towards me and my family, i mean you wouldn't think army helicopters would have so much activity over london.

oh yeah not to mention that these helicopters are URGENTLY needed in the war, what a load of bollocks.

ghost
09-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Ah, I believe those choppers are NH-90 Merlins.

Toki
09-17-2009, 09:19 PM
I have. They look beautiful.

Scott
09-18-2009, 07:27 AM
yeah you're right they are, there was 2 of them circling around my Area for a good 20-30 minutes, i have no idea why my Area is so important to them ?

thanks for the clarification anyhow :)

cavscout11
09-30-2009, 01:41 AM
nope, I've never been blessed enough to view an Apache fly by..
but F-16's fly by my house quite often for the Red Sox games at Fenway Park, about a month ago one did a barrel roll right outside my house, it was sweet. everything that's not bolted to the floor shakes though.

Scott
09-30-2009, 07:06 AM
hehe, i would love to see F-16's or any fighter jet for that matter, again guys last night i took my dog to the park around 6pm, i saw 2 big black things in the distance i could not make out what they we're until they we're up close low and behold it was 2 apaches flying along the river at around 300-400 feet, i was shocked with excitement, they are rather quite.

theres been alot of army activity in london for the past 4-6 months now i wonder if there making a secret army base in london :D

Mel
10-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Only during the air show we have here.You can see anything from an Apache to a to a P-51 at that time of year.