PDA

View Full Version : Bottle bombers are caged for life

Scott
09-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Not sure if this is the right Place to post this??

THREE British Muslims were jailed for 108 years yesterday for plotting seven Lockerbie-style suicide attacks on passenger jets.

Ringleader Abdullah Ahmed Ali, 28, was told he would remain behind bars for at least 40 years as they all got life sentences.

Henchman Assa Sarwar, 29, the gang's quartermaster, was ordered to serve at least 36 years. Tanvir Hussain, 28, a key lieutenant, will stay in prison for at least 32 years.

The gang - convicted last week of conspiracy to murder - intended using bottles filled with liquid hydrogen peroxide explosive to mount the worst terror attack since 9/11.

Sentencing the men, judge Mr Justice Richard Henriques said: "This was the most grave and wicked conspiracy ever proven within this jurisdiction.

"The intention was to perpetrate a terrorist outrage that would stand alongside the events of September 11, 2001 in history.

"Had this conspiracy not been interrupted, a massive loss of life would almost certainly have resulted and if the detonation was over land, the number of victims would have been even greater still."

The plot, aimed at destroying seven flights heading from London to the US and Canada, could have claimed 5,000 lives.

A fourth man, Muslim convert Umar Islam, 30, was also jailed for life for conspiracy to murder and must serve at least 22 years.

Mr Justice Henriques told Ali, of Walthamstow, East London: "You are a driven and determined extremist with an ambition to lead a terrorist outrage of boundless proportion.

"By this conspiracy you sought the attention of the world, and you now have it."

Mr Justice Henriques recalled the six videotaped tirades of hatred that had been recorded during the conspiracy.

He told Ali at Woolwich Crown Court: "You made it clear that innocent people were going to die - men, women and children. The extent of harm would have been unprecedented."

Sarwar, of High Wycombe, Bucks, was the gang's quartermaster and its chemist.

Mr Justice Henriques told him: "You were a vital and leading member of this conspiracy, albeit I accept not its leader. You were a student of Jihad and of martyrdom."

Horror ... carnage bombs would have caused

Horror ... carnage bombs would have caused

The judge told Ali's schoolfriend Hussain: "You were Ali's right-hand man, you modified bottles, batteries and bulbs.

"There is no evidence that you were a religious fanatic. Your involvement seems to be entirely attributable to your long-term commitment to Ali."

Islam, also from High Wycombe, was told by Mr Justice Henriques that he had decided he had been kept in the dark about the conspiracy's ultimate target.

A retrial is being sought by the Director of Public Prosecutions for three of the men's co-defendants, accused of conspiracy to murder. An eighth man was cleared.

The gang were convicted after two six-month trials costing an estimated £100million.

[Source- The Sun]

nastyleg
09-15-2009, 11:26 AM
These men are no less than animals. Those who follow or lead these men deserve the most severe punishment.

ghost
09-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Why are they being put in prison? Is there no death penalty in the UK?

These guys were trying to kill hundreds of people....

bobdina
09-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I really hate to say this because I'm not a U.K. citizen , but how long will they really stay locked up after reading how some terror suspects don't complete their sentences. I hope they stay the max I really do , but after doing some reading it seems a pretty screwed justice system. I hope what I read before was just an anomaly.

Reactor-Axe-Man
09-15-2009, 11:54 AM
So how long does 'life' actually work out to in the British prison system? After they let the Lockerbie bomber out (he had a life sentence too, as I recall), can we really believe these guys won't become 'prisoners of conscience' at some point as well?

Scott
09-15-2009, 12:17 PM
lol guys, when they say life sentence it means they will probably serve half their sentence if that, it is fucked big time, if they offered me a job to eliminate suspected terrorist of killing thousands of innocent people then i would gladly take the job up, we have no death penalty which sucks and i doubt we will ever get it, the UK will carry on being shit for aslong as LABOUR are in power, they suck bollocks.

bobdina
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
lol guys, when they say life sentence it means they will probably serve half their sentence if that, it is fucked big time, if they offered me a job to eliminate suspected terrorist of killing thousands of innocent people then i would gladly take the job up, we have no death penalty which sucks and i doubt we will ever get it, the UK will carry on being shit for aslong as LABOUR are in power, they suck bollocks.

Scott until you got involved in the forums I had no reason to doubt the U.K.'s justice system, for some reason I thought it was as good or better then ours. So thank you for opening up my eyes. Now instead of just military reading/research on the U.K. I have also started it with the Justice system

Scott
09-15-2009, 01:59 PM
hey no problem, i correct my brothers from the other side of the big pond or clarify if they are not sure, but i can say one thing is, the justice system is one of the worst, i mean literally, we don't have enough prisons for the phedophiles/murderers etc, its a joke, they serve half their time if that, if they are good in prison they get released very early, its sickening.

nothing will change, not until we have a new party in power that has his head crewed on, i like BNP to some extent but they are racist to the fact i do not want them in power, they know what they are talking about, but some laws they want are very strict(out of order).

one thing is for sure tho, i wouldn't mind obama being in charge of the UK,im sure he can do a better job himself.