PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Drink (Alcoholic or Virgin/Hard Alcohol or Regular)

usmc5
09-09-2009, 12:38 AM
The one I like the best is an AMF (Adios Mother Fucker) or Hypno.

I never had Absinthe (Green Fairy) but wanted to. I guess I have to go to Amsterdam to get it where its legal.

nastyleg
09-09-2009, 02:36 AM
It is legal here in the states now. Just have togo to one of the finer alcohol emporiums to get it.

usmc5
09-09-2009, 02:58 AM
It is legal here in the states now. Just have togo to one of the finer alcohol emporiums to get it.

I didnt know that. I just did rearch on it and found out that its not the "traditional" version. Heres a quote from greendevil.com (http://www.greendevil.com/absinthe_us.html) "There is a chemical in traditional absinthe called Thujone, this chemical is banned in food products by the FDA. This one chemical is what makes absinthe illegal to sell. Generally Thujone comes from an herb called wormwood that is used in the production process of absinthe.

Companies and the liquor industry have found that by filtering out this chemical they can legally sell their brand of absinthe in the USA."

Has anyone has either or both versions of absinthe? If so is it good and is it worth trying?

nastyleg
09-09-2009, 03:05 AM
ahhhh I see thats how they were able to do that

Reported side effects of thujone and wormwood are nausea, vomiting, insomnia, restlessness, vertigo, tremors and seizures.
Thujone has been suggested as causing addictions, hyperactivity, excitability, hallucinations and psychedelics with chronic use from the ingredient wormwood.

Large doses of thujone have been found to cause delirium, convulsions, seizures, paralysis, brain damage, renal failure and death.

Do not take during pregnancy and lactation.

A warning was issued by three Washington State Doctors about the purchase of wormwood oil used in a recipe for making the banned liquor absinthe. The victim unaware that the consumption of his homemade absinthe could cause adverse effects and resulted in poisoning.
http://www.wormwood-absente.com/thujone.htm

nastyleg
09-09-2009, 03:35 AM
currently enjoying a natural ice 32oz

usmc5
09-09-2009, 04:25 AM

Lucky. Im at work and I cant drink :(. If I get caught my boss will tear me a new one.

Sixx
09-09-2009, 04:28 AM

Yummy Natty Ice....

nastyleg
09-09-2009, 04:33 AM
poor but not shlitz poor yet...lol

acf6
09-09-2009, 05:19 AM
Cap'n and coke goes down so nice!!

cavscout11
09-30-2009, 01:28 AM

YUCK! on a budget huh? as for me i'd take a cold miller lite any day..

silvertree
10-03-2009, 01:16 AM
jack and coke, captn and coke, jose and mountain dew (try it its good) and good long island

ghost
10-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Root Beer Float!:thumbup:

Woodbutcher824
10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Root Beer Float!:thumbup:

Damn Ghost, that sounds good right now!! :thumbup: