PDA

View Full Version : Corps: No new charges against Hadithah O-5

bobdina
09-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Corps: No new charges against Hadithah O-5

The Associated Press
Posted : Tuesday Sep 1, 2009 7:25:33 EDT

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — The Marines won’t reinstate charges against the highest-ranking officer accused of a crime in Iraq.

Spokesman Lt. Col. Roger Galbraith said Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani learned Friday that he will instead face a hearing to determine if he should be demoted and forced to retire.

Chessani was charged with failing to investigate the 2005 killings of 24 men, women and children in Hadithah, Iraq. The 43-year-old from Rangely, Colo., has already applied for retirement.

A Camp Pendleton judge dismissed charges last year, saying a general overseeing the case had improper contact with an investigator, but an appeals court said charges could be reinstated.

Charges also have been dismissed against five other Marines. Another was acquitted and one has a pending court-martial.

bobdina
09-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Gosh Murtha I guess you were wrong Monday morning quarterbacking the next day without all the facts. I cannot believe people voted and keep this jackass in office.

ghost
09-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Gosh Murtha I guess you were wrong Monday morning quarterbacking the next day without all the facts. I cannot believe people voted and keep this jackass in office.

I'm sorry, that just went over my head. Come again?

dmaxx3500
09-06-2009, 10:40 AM
murtha called them killers [murtha was suposed to be a former marine too][yes i know there arn't former marines,but in this case he should be one]these congress people should just shut their pie holes,they work for us

ghost
09-06-2009, 11:16 AM
murtha called them killers [murtha was suposed to be a former marine too][yes i know there arn't former marines,but in this case he should be one]these congress people should just shut their pie holes,they work for us

Ah, okay. So basically just lawyers and politicians looking to make cases against our troops....

http://www.defendthedefenders.org/marsoc_20070508_letter_from_ilario.php

I haven't donated to that yet, but I'm going to.