PDA

View Full Version : Canada Yan Dodier , Medal of Military Valour, Afghanistan

bobdina
08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Corporal Yan Dodier, MMV
Québec and Magog, Quebec
Medal of Military Valour

"Corporal Dodier was deployed with B Company, 3rd Battalion, Royal 22e Régiment, in the volatile district of Zharey, in Afghanistan. On November 17, 2007, during an ongoing combat operation, he selflessly drew enemy fire to his position, allowing the members of his platoon to suppress the enemy, which had surrounded and trapped them for several hours."

nastyleg
08-27-2009, 02:19 PM
damn wish there was more on this guy...sounds like a real stand up guy.

bobdina
08-27-2009, 03:27 PM
damn wish there was more on this guy...sounds like a real stand up guy.

Me too looked all over this was it.

nastyleg
08-27-2009, 03:54 PM
damn

Ripcord
08-28-2009, 06:32 AM
I think the Canadian government still has a lot of trouble breaking free of Canada's "peacekeeping" stigma
the Government doesn't seem to want to show the population that our soldiers are taking peoples lives in a war zone.
as if they are embarrassed by it or something
it stems from having 99.9% of our politicians never having served in the armed forces...EVER..

I mean our fucking Minister of National defense has never served a second in the military, and this seems to be OK and is quite normal here ..the mind boggles..

so finding information on those who risk their lives daily is unfortunately it seems not top priority for any type of media here....unless you die, or do something wrong, then the government can use it to show why we should stay here with our fingers up our asses while the world cleans up the filth.