PDA

View Full Version : New video showing Iraqi Humvees running down Iranians at Camp Ashraf

usmc5
08-25-2009, 09:03 AM
I couldnt post the video to the site but this is the best I could do. This video was released yesterday, 24 August, but the video was taken back on 29 July.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=8627252&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541941,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r5:c0 .093353:b27327726:z0

nastyleg
08-25-2009, 07:10 PM
What was the reasoning behind this madness?

usmc5
08-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Unknown at this time. Once I have more info I will post and update.

nastyleg
08-26-2009, 02:14 AM
roger, standing by

usmc5
08-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Iraq plays deadly game to control Camp Ashraf, French TV reports

8/11/2009 3:54:14 PM

NCRI - The French TV station, Channel 3, on Friday broadcast a report about the attack of Iraqi forces against Camp Ashraf, describing it as “an incredibly deadly game” as “Iraq attempts to control camp Ashraf.”
Below is the translation of the report:

Click here to view the original report
In Iraq, officials have decided to get rid of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK). These Iranian refugees are a nightmare for Tehran. So much so that a few days ago Iraqi forces attacked Camp Ashraf, north of Baghdad. At least nine people were killed. Please be aware that some of the pictures you are about to see are very disturbing.
This is the Iraqi way to control Camp Ashraf [Humvee armored vehicles are shown while hunting down Ashraf residents on foot]. In these pictures provided by the Iranian Resistance we see an incredibly deadly game: In these vehicles Iraqi police agents and soldiers are terrorizing and running over unarmed protesters.
Ashraf residents are members of PMOI. Close to 3500 members are peacefully resisting the control on their camp since 10 days ago. On the other side are Iraqi forces, some of whom deal deadly blows to the residents, such as this man who died several hours after suffering from cerebrum traumatism [picture of slain Ashraf resident, Amir Kheyri].
One Ashraf resident says: “Nine residents of the camp have been killed, six of whom were shot to death. Two were killed after suffering blows to their heads with clubs and axes. Another one’s face was smashed by a bulldozer. 500 were injured such that they need long-term care and surgeries.”
The PMOI is the Tehran regime’s sworn enemy. It has been in Iraq since 1986 and we produced footage of them in 2003 when Americans were fighting against Saddam Hussein. They forced the PMOI to consolidate in Camp Ashraf and after several months they demanded their disarmament. Since then they have been supposed to be protected by the Fourth Geneva Convention which prohibits any forced displacement or threats against their lives. On January 1, 2009, the US transferred responsibility to protect Ashraf residents to the Iraqi government to the great satisfaction of Iran.
Afshin Alawi, spokesman for the Iranian Resistance, says: “Today since the Iranian regime has been unable to control the uprising and internal dissent in Iran, it has asked the Iraqi government to attack Ashraf in a bid to destroy its main opposition, the PMOI, of which is incredibly fearful especially at the time of the uprising.”
36 people, including 4 who have been severely injured , were arrested for questioning by Iraqi forces. The PMOI, which is considered a terrorist organization by the US, is worried about their lives and has asked the UN to take on the responsibility to protect its members in Ashraf as soon as possible.

(only thing I changed was put the underline and bold. everything else is from the site listed below)
Source: http://www.english.mojahedin.org/pagesEn/detailsNews.aspx?newsid=5648
__________________________________________________ ___________

This is the only thing I found so far. No idea how accurate it is tho.

bobdina
08-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the update, great post.

usmc5
08-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the update, great post.

Thanks Bob. I do what I can to keep the people here on AC up to speed on the crazy shit that goes on. I do most of my posts while on the midnight to 8a shifts when noone else is around while staying awake. :thumbup: On really slow and boing nights I have to resort to :excited: to stay awake.

I dislike coffee so I have to find other ways to stay awake.

ghost
08-26-2009, 12:17 PM
So these guys are considered a terrorist organization by the US, and also considered enemies of the state by Iran. And this was a refugee camp? And they're asking the UN for help.....

There's got to be more to it than this. Shit, this is from a French news agency....

This is the most ass backwards shit I've ever heard.

Maybe a clip will pop up, one of these days.

usmc5
08-26-2009, 12:25 PM
So these guys are considered a terrorist organization by the US, and also considered enemies of the state by Iran. And this was a refugee camp? And they're asking the UN for help.....

There's got to be more to it than this. Shit, this is from a French news agency....

This is the most ass backwards shit I've ever heard.

Maybe a clip will pop up, one of these days.

I posted the video its on the top of the page.

Ya I know the French new is the most ass backwards. Its all I could find with a explination of who the Iranians were and a possibility of an explination

ghost
08-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Clip isn't working for me.

usmc5
08-26-2009, 01:10 PM

I just tried it and it worked. While I was searching for why I saw it on youtube you could try viewing it on there or going to www.foxnews.com and searching it that way. If you are still unable to view it PM me w/ your email and I will send you the video via the share function.

Let me know what works best for you.

blacksheep-23
08-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Sad to see and hear of this. I was stationed in a FOB that was located within Camp Ashraf in 2004. We had a good working relationship with the PMOI. Below is a picture of us entering Camp Ashraf after a convoy mission.

nastyleg
08-26-2009, 02:26 PM
thanks for the update. Great read. Thanks

Stark
08-26-2009, 03:38 PM

Apache Clips - Humvee Attack

fotoman
08-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Still this is just wrong on all levels...using our vehicles to murder people, unjustified brutality!

ghost
08-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Damn.

So what's the whole story? This camp is for the PMOI, an organization labeled as a terrorist organization, by the US. And it's also a refugee camp? They are considered "enemies of the state", by the Iranians, and are asking the UN for assistance. What's going on?