PDA

View Full Version : AC hitting troubled waters - Need your help now

Stark
08-24-2009, 05:55 AM
I have always tried to be as honest as I can with my community and there isn’t any reason why I cannot share some of the daily
Challenges we face with this page – if at all I hope this will clear some of the mysteries what it takes to run a page like this
And hopefully further strengthen the bond we the AC staff have with the Community.
Atm I am the sole owner of this webpage and I apart from one month have paid for this page with my own money (well it’s actually
My wife’s money even if I bring most of the cash home – to understand that you need to be married :D ).

The bad news reached me this morning…
Unfortunate I have given notice for my current job – I was aware of the danger of redundancies but was pretty confident I would ride out the storm like I have done in the past – this is not the case and I have now to seriously consider what the future holds for Apacheclips.
If you think this a cry for help and I’m begging for money you are mistaken – I will survive some way or the other I have been always a standup person and I am not afraid to get my hands dirty if that’s needed to get my family through this crisis.
What I cannot afford are $550.- a month for this page without any return, I make around $80 of advertisements which shouldn’t really
Come as a surprise considering the economy clusterfuck.

I know that a lot of similar pages battle with the same problems, so I am asking this
Great community to help AC out – Your Donation be it small or large will help to keep this page afloat – I always had a plan for this page and I never wanted AC to be subscription based and I will not start to charge people for this page now.
But If you can see it in your heart to donate some of your hard earned cash then do so by donating via paypal, If you have any good ideas how to finance this page without donations please contact me directly at nrichters@gmail.com.

It is ironic that we hit the first real troubled water at AC’s birthday but hey that’s life.

Stark

cavscout11
08-24-2009, 06:16 AM
Damn, I'll see what i can do to help out Stark.
Here's an idea maybe the people who donate could get a badge or some kind of incentive, besides the content on this great site of course.

Stark
08-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Damn, I'll see what i can do to help out Stark.
Here's an idea maybe the people who donate could get a badge or some kind of incentive, besides the content on this great site of course.

yep i am in the process to make that happen today - it'll be an automated process - I will also have a feature members block where I will show memeber that have donated unless otherwise instructed by each individual.

HennyHuisman
08-24-2009, 08:02 AM
With 4000 members, only about 1/8th of those have to pay not more than 1 dollar a month to cover for your costs. I'm sure that amount is reachable? I think we should set up some kind of list and check with every member if they are willing to pay or not. Even if 1000 members aren't reachable then another 2500 could not be willing to pay and the 500 bucks a month can still be raised. As cavscout says you could make a "gold member" badge or whatever for the people who pay.

Stark
08-24-2009, 08:14 AM
With 4000 members, only about 1/8th of those have to pay not more than 1 dollar a month to cover for your costs. I'm sure that amount is reachable? I think we should set up some kind of list and check with every member if they are willing to pay or not. Even if 1000 members aren't reachable then another 2500 could not be willing to pay and the 500 bucks a month can still be raised. As cavscout says you could make a "gold member" badge or whatever for the people who pay.

Great idea - as soon as I am home I create a Donation badge which every member will get when he/she has donated.

For now I have created a feature Members - Members who have donated block on the right hand side on the frontpage.

Thanks for all your idea...

Gonzo
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I just tryed to make a donation. Before when you made one it took you to a pre set up page for Apache Clips. Now it doesn't it simply opens Pay Pal. I can't remember your address to make one. That needs sorting because I'm guessing alot of people will go to make one and not be able to.

Cruelbreed
08-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I just tryed to make a donation. Before when you made one it took you to a pre set up page for Apache Clips. Now it doesn't it simply opens Pay Pal. I can't remember your address to make one. That needs sorting because I'm guessing alot of people will go to make one and not be able to.

that's a problem.

Stark
08-24-2009, 03:56 PM

thanks mate - sorry yeah there was something wrong with the button - of course I fixed it.
Thanks for the donation :)

LeviathanIXI
08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
damn man, i wish i could donate but looking at my bank account i have a shitty 50 bucks, until i join the army i cannot donate :(

windexglow
08-24-2009, 04:35 PM
While suggesting this is an incredibly slippery slope, why not give privileges to people who donate past 1 dollar? Primarily faster download speeds.
When I come to this site I'm not in a hurry - I wouldn't mind waiting several minutes for the longer videos to load up.

Stark
08-24-2009, 04:46 PM
While suggesting this is an incredibly slippery slope, why not give privileges to people who donate past 1 dollar? Primarily faster download speeds.
When I come to this site I'm not in a hurry - I wouldn't mind waiting several minutes for the longer videos to load up.

Its a very nice idea but its unfortunaly not possible - we have one server with one line I wouldn't want to find out whats needed to make it faster for some and slower for others - I really feel uneasy to give members when they pay a "better" page - what about the once or the many that cannot afford to donate?

I made this page for everybody the rich the cheap and the poor :D

Stark
08-24-2009, 04:46 PM
damn man, i wish i could donate but looking at my bank account i have a shitty 50 bucks, until i join the army i cannot donate :(

Nobody should feel he/she HAS to donate - if you can cool - if you cannot - thats ok too mate :)

joedan
08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
I'll help out. Is there a mailing address for money orders?

J-Mi
08-24-2009, 05:12 PM
yea im sorry, can't donate either, im skint. but i'm with the other lads on the badge idea, maybe something more too. coz the people who'll donate are the people who keep this site going. actually, jst had an idea, give something to whoever introduces someone to the site, meaning theres more chances of donation. just a thought, dont know how you'd implement that though. good luck n when payday comes round again ill be sure to donate.

Stark
08-24-2009, 05:55 PM
I'll help out. Is there a mailing address for money orders?
I will pm you the address via pm

LeviathanIXI
08-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Nobody should feel he/she HAS to donate - if you can cool - if you cannot - thats ok too mate :)

Actually I do feel like I HAVE to because Military veterans/current/ and enthusiasts are Brothers In Arms so to speak, so trust me when I say when I am able to help this website I will:thumbup:

ou81aswell
08-24-2009, 09:38 PM
How much bandwidth do you use a month?

Check out http://www.theplanet.com

You should be able to get a decent unmanaged box there for around $150 / month with quite a few terabytes of bandwidth. I've been using them since 2001 when they were rackshack.net and they run unmetered specials from time to time for as little as $200 / month.

I hope this helps.

Scott
08-25-2009, 07:49 AM
thanks for that ou81aswell , i remember the planet i use to admin their game servers for them with a group, they are very reliable and proffesional.

Yono
08-25-2009, 09:57 AM
God d*** if only I was 18.....

It will take a while for me to convince my parents to let me donate (they are really worried with giving money online even if it is MY money) but I will get there. I'll argue till they throw me out of the house.

Scott
08-25-2009, 11:31 AM
i would like to thank everyone here who has donated so far, it is much appreciated, thanks on behalf of the AC staff.

lowdownsd
08-25-2009, 12:13 PM
I hope the little i could donate can help. I love your site and love the people on this site. I always want to add more input to the site and join conversation with the community but i dont know what to say :D. I give my love and respect to all the men and women who serve around the world. I never would want to say something that would disrespect them at all. I will make sure i will give what all i can give to make sure a fellow man can do what he loves. Just a little support from our fellow man everyone can get to goals they want. And this dream this site! Your amazing sir!! Thanks again. See ya around in the boards more :D

dvd7ma
08-25-2009, 03:51 PM

Stark, as per our very brief E-mails, the access to application of anonymous donations is very REAL! The $10 donation, may turn into one of an extra zero or two.Just a thought

Woodbutcher824
08-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Stark, I hope my contribution helps.

I know how it feels when getting that notice from work. It sucks but keep thinking positive, brother.

Stark
08-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Stark, I hope my contribution helps.

I know how it feels when getting that notice from work. It sucks but keep thinking positive, brother.

Awesome brother - thanks a lot - so much apprechiated

Stark
08-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Stark, as per our very brief E-mails, the access to application of anonymous donations is very REAL! The $10 donation, may turn into one of an extra zero or two.Just a thought

mate I have no idea how to do that - all I can say is I am opening an Account now for AC so maybe that will help.

All I can say is: How private are PayPal transactions?

PayPal is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. When you send or request money using PayPal, the recipient never learns your bank account numbers or credit card numbers. He only sees your email address, date of sign-up, and whether you have completed PayPal's verification process. Please review our Privacy Policy for further information.

F22-Raptor
08-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Just made a donation.
It's just a small token of appreciation for your effort to make this site/forum available to us but most of all to say thank you to all the men and women out there fighting for us so we can have sites like this one and other liberties.
Even though I am not American (ex military though), I have great respect for all of them.

Hopefully, this site will grow to the point where more and more people will join and hang out on the forums and revenue from advertising will be enough for you to keep the site running.

Once again THANK YOU to all of you and stay safe.

D.

SGT.Kasp
08-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Guys.... I dont post stuff, or hardly comment..... but damn am I dissapointed today when I saw this topic, trust in me when I say that ill donate what I can When I can, Keep your head up guys, this site aint going nowhere....

joedan
08-25-2009, 06:31 PM

That will be great Stark. I'd just like to avoid PayPals charges so the money will do the best to the site.

Scott
08-25-2009, 06:37 PM
That will be great Stark. I'd just like to avoid PayPals charges so the money will do the best to the site. you do know you can send the money as a gift over paypal to him, it doesn't charge, it has never charged me or my brother when we done this.

please read this topic if you are unsure.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212916

budman
08-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Just sent a paypal donation your way!

pickup
08-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Just sent a paypal donation your way!

I have me by paypal registered and I want donte, but it needs some time and it is not much money. But better than nothing.

joedan
08-25-2009, 11:08 PM
you do know you can send the money as a gift over paypal to him, it doesn't charge, it has never charged me or my brother when we done this.

please read this topic if you are unsure.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212916

Way cool, thanks. Can do.