PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 racing

bobdina
08-23-2009, 04:36 PM
being from the states I haven't really had an opportunity to watch this type racing till the last race (before they took the 4 week break). I could not believe how much more I enjoyed it then any other type of racing. I am now hooked and thanks to Speed channel I got to watch today's , and will be a regular viewer from now on. Any watching tips for a newbie as well as what driver's to really pay attention to.

Scott
08-24-2009, 09:44 AM
hey bob i watch it myself, theres only one thing i can give advice on, give your wife notice that your going to be watching this for a few hours when it is on, definatly make sure you have a beer or 2 chilled.

its on most weekends until the season stops,

Saturday is Qualifying
Sunday is the big race day.

when they are qualifying the drivers go out 20-40 seconds after eachother to complete the track in the fastest time possible by them, lets say i got the fastest time for qualifying i would be first in the grid(position) then second
3rd ,4th etc theres 2 sets of qualifying, Qualifying 1 & Qualifying2.

heres the website to keep you up to date.
http://www.formula1.com/

heres the results from yesterday
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2009/816/

this is the most expensive sport in the world,the drivers get paid big bucks for racing, even more for winning!

then you have the news from the sport
http://www.formula1.com/news/

i also watch redbull x fighters
http://www.redbullxfighters.com/
they raced here in london 3 weeks ago at Battersea power station, unfortunatly i couldn't attend.

bobdina
08-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks bud, I gave Nascar a chance for about 7 years then got bored with it except for the road races. I did notice that the announcers keep talking about the red bull team. I 'll check those sites out. Bob

GTFPDQ
08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Never quite got to grips with the going round and round and round and.. You get the point. Formula 1 is certainly a trial of tactics, technology and timing. I could never quite get into NAS, but as a North American implant, I have to do it.

F1 is always enjoyable unless rained off... that just sucks. But I want the Canadian Grand Prix back.

bobdina
08-24-2009, 12:34 PM
One thing I was worried about when I started watching was that pit stops wouldn't be as strategic as they were in Nascar but lo and behold my second race watching and a pit stop gaffe cost Lewis Hamilton the race

Scott
08-24-2009, 12:34 PM
F1 is always enjoyable unless rained off... that just sucks. But I want the Canadian Grand Prix back. oh hell yeah now you're talking, would be good if that came back.

Scott
08-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Updated - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8226805.stm

let me know if you can view that video bob, if so this is the practice run , getting use to the track/trying to make the best times for the day.

bobdina
08-28-2009, 07:41 PM
not available in my territory is what it says

Scott
08-28-2009, 08:05 PM
goddam bbc and there copyrights.

try this one

http://www.itv-f1.com/VideoWorldwide.aspx

or

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/03/30/bbc-f1-coverage-your-verdict/

let me know how it works out.

bobdina
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks dude they both work, cool track on the first site.

GTFPDQ
08-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Looks like the Abu Dhabi GP will be run in day and night. Starts in daylight and ends in floodlights. Something new and the first Abu GP.

Scott
08-29-2009, 03:52 PM
yeah bob, this map is one of my favourites, i play the map on a game called GRID, its a hard map to race on,its very physical, i can't imagine what its like doing it in real life.

Looks like the Abu Dhabi GP will be run in day and night. Starts in daylight and ends in floodlights. Something new and the first Abu GP.
got a link buddy? :D

GTFPDQ
08-30-2009, 12:28 AM
F1 year to have day-night climax
By Sarah Holt
BBC Sport at Spa-Francorchamps

Abu Dhabi is building a new track to host this season's F1 finale
The new F1 track under construction in Abu Dhabi

Formula 1 will stage its first day-night race in this season's finale at the inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The 1 November race will run under floodlights, starting at 1700 local time (1300 GMT), when it will still be light, and ending in the dark.

The sun is due to set at about 1745 local time in the United Arab Emirate.

The race has been moved from its provisional 1500 start to an hour more convenient for the sport's core European television audiences.

Abu Dhabi is staging the year's final race in place of Brazil, where the last two drivers' titles have been decided.

Organisers will be hoping to attract a big crowd at the new circuit and massive global television audience if the championship goes down to the wire again.

Jenson Button holds an 18-point lead ahead of Sunday's Belgium GP but has seen his Brawn GP team-mate Rubens Barrichello and Red Bull rivals Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel close the gap in recent races.

McLaren's reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton remains mathematically in the mix with a maximum of 60 points still up for grabs.

606: DEBATE
The big point is the saftey issue - twilight, as we saw at Melbourne, is very dangerous racing territory

Brucey103

Both Australia and Malaysia experienced problems this year by holding their grands prix later in the day.

In Melbourne's season-opener in March, the drivers complained about visibility caused by the low sun at Albert Park.

The following race in Malaysia was interrupted by heavy rain and the light was fading before the event was red-flagged after 32 laps.

Yas Marina organisers say the lighting system they will use is designed specifically to provide a consistent daylight effect as well as removing shadow and glare at driver level, and that the lights will be on from the start of the race "to ensure a seamless transition from daylight to dark".
Jenson Button takes the chequered flag in the setting sun in Melbourne at the start of the season
Drivers complained of being blinded by the low sun in Australia

"It is the best of both worlds," said Richard Cregan, CEO of Abu Dhabi Motorsports Management. "Spectators and television viewers will see the stunning architecture of the world's newest Formula 1 circuit during the afternoon sunlight and then experience what it is like under floodlights.

"We hope that everyone will be impressed by what they experience and see."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8226520.stm

Scott
08-30-2009, 09:43 AM
wow sounds good, thanks for this.

also i just came back from watching the race, man it was a bad race, i won't say whos gone out, you'll find out sooner or later, but how unlucky it was for them drivers.

bobdina
08-30-2009, 06:07 PM
yeah your right wild race, I TIVO them because they start at 0730 my time, plus I like to fast forward the commercials ,two things I like about this so far over nascar is the race is only about 2/12 hours compared to 3-4 1/2 hours with a nascar race and when they interview the drivers the first 5 minutes of the interview isn't thanking ALL the sponsors before answering the question. I think I may have found a new sport to really pay attention to.

Scott
08-31-2009, 09:06 AM
yeah man, thats good to know bro, its something fresh,different and very entertaining.

now theres some sort of arguement going on about the crash, they are questioning whether the 2 new drivers we're asked to crash or not, and is it coincedence that both new drivers crashed along with the only british drivers that are making their way to the top, not to mention one of them is the world champion ( Lewis hamilton)

Sako
03-16-2010, 09:29 AM
So, what you guys think, who is the champ in this season ? :evilgrin0039:

Chaser
03-18-2010, 06:01 PM
not available in my territory is what it says

maybe one of these can help when your country is blocked by a website:

freeproxies.org

works fine with youtube here in germany

Scott
03-18-2010, 06:09 PM
im keeping my eye on Vettel , Alonso and the new spain team(forgot their name ) one of them is likely to win this season.

im so glad the racing is back :)