PDA

View Full Version : Detainees possibly shown photos of CIA agents

bobdina
08-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Detainees possibly shown photos of CIA agents

Justice Department examines whether 9/11 defendants received classified information
By Devlin Barrett - The Associated Press
Posted : Friday Aug 21, 2009 6:46:09 EDT

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Justice Department is investigating whether Guantanamo Bay detainees charged with roles in the Sept. 11 attacks were improperly given photos of CIA officers or contractors, according to a person familiar with the investigation.

The investigation, headed by the Justice Department’s counterespionage chief, John Dion, is trying to determine if military lawyers defending the detainees divulged classified information or compromised covert CIA officers, according to the person, who was not authorized to discuss the investigation and spoke only on condition of anonymity.

It is a violation of federal law to identify CIA covert personnel, and it is a violation of military commission rules to disclose classified information, even if only to the defendants.

The person who spoke to The Associated Press said the photos at issue were provided by the John Adams Project, a combined effort of the American Civil Liberties Union and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers to assist in the defense of the detainees.

The investigation was first reported by The Washington Post on its Web site Thursday night. The ACLU told the Post the organization was confident no laws or regulations had been broken.

The lawyers defending terrorist suspects held at the Navy-run prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have sought to expose their clients’ treatment at the hands of government interrogators, particularly those held in CIA “black sites” overseas, where harsh interrogation tactics were used. Critics of those tactics say they are torture.

Such treatment is likely to play a central role in expected trials for the detainees, either in federal criminal courts or at military commissions, and defense lawyers are expected to try to call CIA personnel and CIA contractors to testify.

bobdina
08-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Go figure the ACLU trying to fuck over the guy's defending them from the real bad guy's.

Cruelbreed
08-21-2009, 12:34 PM
if it's true, then there needs to be close scrutiny and possible lawful action on the offenders.

ghost
08-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Isn't this a violation of OPSEC?

nastyleg
08-27-2009, 06:59 PM
i would say so

ghost
08-28-2009, 12:28 PM
i would say so

Then is something being done? Some sort of punitive action? They've just put their own guys at risk because of this.

And how is it that the detainees are getting military lawyers? The military(the ones who want to destroy these fucks) are defending their own prisoners?????

fotoman
08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
The people in our government right now....DON'T LIKE AMERICA...and want to change it....the terrorist are just going to wait and let us destroy ourselves....

nastyleg
08-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Then is something being done? Some sort of punitive action? They've just put their own guys at risk because of this.

And how is it that the detainees are getting military lawyers? The military(the ones who want to destroy these fucks) are defending their own prisoners?????

something is being done....the CIA is getting prosicuted for the interrogation techniques....punitive action is being taken against the CIA they are getting thier balls cut off.....the military is using UCMJ to prosecute these animals becasue the geneva conventions do not have terms or conditions for these guys. So we came up with this idea to prosecute them.

I would love to see this administration talk to the families of those who have had a loved one lost due to these terrorist actions from all over the world.....I would like to see it telivised live W/O a 3 sec delay. This will never happen because they are going to give these animals a free pass because they hate Bush. Polotics should never play a part in the United States of America's National Security unless it violates the rights of AMERICAN CITIZENs....key phrase is AMERICAN CITIZENs....not detainee or insurgent.

Fuck this administration, Fuck PM Brown for taxing his troops, Fuck Napolitan for her fuck ups, Fuck Ted Kennedy.

ghost
09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
something is being done....the CIA is getting prosicuted for the interrogation techniques....punitive action is being taken against the CIA they are getting thier balls cut off.....the military is using UCMJ to prosecute these animals becasue the geneva conventions do not have terms or conditions for these guys. So we came up with this idea to prosecute them.

I would love to see this administration talk to the families of those who have had a loved one lost due to these terrorist actions from all over the world.....I would like to see it telivised live W/O a 3 sec delay. This will never happen because they are going to give these animals a free pass because they hate Bush. Polotics should never play a part in the United States of America's National Security unless it violates the rights of AMERICAN CITIZENs....key phrase is AMERICAN CITIZENs....not detainee or insurgent.

Fuck this administration, Fuck PM Brown for taxing his troops, Fuck Napolitan for her fuck ups, Fuck Ted Kennedy.

Well, I was just referring to the actions of the people responsible for showing the photos.

I have no problem with the interrogation techniques used to get the information. Whatever it takes to keep America and her allies safe. But yes, politics has fucked up too much of this. We could have made so much more progress if it wasn't for political correctness. But I guess you have to make the hippies at home happy somehow....

nastyleg
09-02-2009, 12:57 AM
I know Ghost nothing will be done. It is all for political gain.