PDA

View Full Version : UK Mil: # Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan. Deaths now at 204.

GTFPDQ
08-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Three UK soldiers die in Helmand
UK troops in Afghanistan
Five soldiers have died this weekend

Three British soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan, taking the number of UK fatalities to 204.

The Ministry of Defence said the soldiers were from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.

They died following an explosion while on patrol near Sangin in Helmand province on Sunday morning. Next of kin have been informed.

Earlier, Gordon Brown admitted it had been "a very difficult summer", but said progress was being made.

Speaking about the most recent deaths, Lieutenant Colonel Nick Richardson, spokesman for Task Force Helmand, said "each and every death is a tragedy".

"Words mean very little in such an extremely sad situation but our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of these brave soldiers, " he said.

"We share their pain and mourn the loss of these true British heroes."

The grim milestone of 200 was reached on Saturday when a soldier, from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Welsh, died of his injuries at a hospital in Britain.

Another soldier, from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, died after an explosion on Saturday while on foot patrol in Sangin.

bobdina
08-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Three UK soldiers die in Helmand
UK troops in Afghanistan
Five soldiers have died this weekend

Three British soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan, taking the number of UK fatalities to 204.

The Ministry of Defence said the soldiers were from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.

They died following an explosion while on patrol near Sangin in Helmand province on Sunday morning. Next of kin have been informed.

Earlier, Gordon Brown admitted it had been "a very difficult summer", but said progress was being made.

Speaking about the most recent deaths, Lieutenant Colonel Nick Richardson, spokesman for Task Force Helmand, said "each and every death is a tragedy".

"Words mean very little in such an extremely sad situation but our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of these brave soldiers, " he said.

"We share their pain and mourn the loss of these true British heroes."

The grim milestone of 200 was reached on Saturday when a soldier, from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Welsh, died of his injuries at a hospital in Britain.

Another soldier, from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, died after an explosion on Saturday while on foot patrol in Sangin.

Every coalition death suck's, but to look at it a different way we are now taking it to the Taliban instead of clearing an area letting them slip away and the troops return to a FOB or COB. They are now staying in the area that was cleared and helping the locals. Rest in Peace our friends from across the pond, Bob

Cruelbreed
08-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Sometimes it really hurts me how we put numbers on deaths as if they're just mere statistics. It's sad but I suppose the number is the reality?

Toki
08-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Sometimes it really hurts me how we put numbers on deaths as if they're just mere statistics. It's sad but I suppose the number is the reality?

I feel the same but look at the casualties during WW2. We were loosing thousands in one day.