PDA

View Full Version : israeli soldier kidnapped?

dmaxx3500
08-13-2009, 10:46 PM
i saw a short crawl on the news that a soldier got kidnapped today inside israel,but ive looked over the internet and haven't seen anything more,could this start an other conflict over there?

GTFPDQ
08-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Israelis probe 'soldier kidnap'
Map locator

Israeli police have launched a major security operation following a report that a soldier has been kidnapped.

Dozens of roadblocks were set up after a female soldier reported seeing another soldier being bundled into car near Ben Gurion airport.

A previously unknown Palestinian group calling itself Al-Quds Army later said it had taken a soldier.

However, the Israeli military insisted that none of its soldiers has so far been listed as missing.

Army officials said they were carrying out a detailed roll-call.

Israel already has one soldier being held captive, Sgt Gilad Shalit, who was captured by Hamas-linked militants three years ago.

'Testimony checked'

"Following a testimony of a woman soldier who said that (she saw) two people pushing a soldier into a car, Israeli police and the Israeli army acted according to procedures," said police spokesman Alex Kagalsky.

"The reliability of the testimony is also being checked."

Ben Gurion Airport is near the city of Tel Aviv in central Israel.

Police quickly set up roadblocks on major routes, causing severe traffic jams in some areas.

Cpl Gilad Shalit, seized in a June 2006 in a cross-border raid by militants
Egypt has been mediating attempts to free Gilad Shalit

The Palestinian news agency Ma'an later reported a statement from the Al-Quds groups saying: "A group of our resistance fighters captured an Israeli soldier near Ben Gurion airport and withdrew along with the soldier peacefully - later we will give details about the captured soldier."

In June, Israel marked three years since Sgt Shalit, then aged 19, was seized by Palestinian militants in a cross-border raid launched from Gaza.

Indirect talks between Israel and Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, have so far failed to win his release.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8200753.stm

dmaxx3500
08-15-2009, 12:03 AM
why isn't this on the national news?

ghost
08-15-2009, 12:23 AM
why isn't this on the national news?

Because the American public doesn't care. It doesn't affect them. As long as they've got their starbucks lattes, palm pilots, and myspace, they're okay.

dmaxx3500
08-16-2009, 09:41 PM
just read ''new york times '' says idf has confirmed soldier kidnapped,but other papers and the israeli gov say all troops are accounted for,i only saw this on the 5pm news on the 13th and then not an other word,somethings wierd

bobdina
08-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Dude I don't trust the New York times as far as I could throw their building. The IDF is usually up front about things like this so I really don't know what to believe.

bobdina
08-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Right from the IDF website 14 August 2009 , 00:46

Following security assessments by the Israel Defence Forces, Israel Security Agency and the Israeli Police, earlier reports of the possible kidnapping of a soldier have been ruled out. So I guess that settles it

http://dover.idf.il/IDF/English/Press+Releases/09/08/1401.htm

Cruelbreed
08-16-2009, 10:55 PM
You can say that shit again, I don't trust NYT, self serving..ba.. okay i'll stop.

ghost
08-17-2009, 12:46 AM
You can say that shit again, I don't trust NYT, self serving..ba.. okay i'll stop.

Yeah. Fuck clear channel and mainstream media.

dmaxx3500
08-17-2009, 10:03 PM
thats good news,i was just reporting were i got the info,it was also started on ''ap'' and ''upi''

bobdina
08-18-2009, 11:09 AM
thats good news,i was just reporting were i got the info,it was also started on ''ap'' and ''upi''

Never questioned your sources, you are free to report on anything you like here.