PDA

View Full Version : Newbieeeeeee

dj1023
08-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone. Seen the site while browsing around @ IED clips. Live in Oklahoma now. Im a Paramedic. Was U.S. Army 11b. Been to the box, Baquba,Muqdadiya,Wajahiya mainly. Then all over the rest of Diyala Province,Iraq. Ya'll seem pretty cool so i thought i would sign up.

Mel
08-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Welcome dj1023, Pull up a chair and enjoy the show. Hope you enjoy your stay.

nastyleg
08-12-2009, 03:36 AM
pull up a chair I'll pop the top and welcome. Bar is open first round is free you buy the next.lol

Markoxx
08-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi there welcome to the website & forums, i would like to thank you for your service.

Since your a veteran perhaps apply for a badge and get access to the forum for service members only.
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?t=1378

if u need any help dont be shy 2 contact me or any other mod here. have fun

ghost
08-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the site.

Cruelbreed
08-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the site bud. Enjoy your stay and feel free to discuss whatever you'd like :)

Scott
08-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the site buddy, have a good stay, any suggestions or queries you have please don't hesitate to contact one of the mods or say it on these forums.

Have a good stay.

leahcimnosirrom
08-12-2009, 08:01 PM
what up okie!?!?!... and thanks for your service

Yono
08-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey, welcome to the forums.

Im sorry if this question may seem...strange, but I wanted to ask you, what is it like to be a paramedic? Do you feel presure? Are you excited? What is it like?

dj1023
08-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Thank ya everyone for the welcomes.

Hey, welcome to the forums.

Im sorry if this question may seem...strange, but I wanted to ask you, what is it like to be a paramedic? Do you feel presure? Are you excited? What is it like?

Hmmm... It's a adrenalin rush. It has it's up and down's. Picking up a 400lb patient off the floor doesnt really make me go celebrate, And getting brain matter in my hair and on my shirt doesnt make me want to go eat jello right afterwards. But baby stops breathing and you getting em breathing again is a good feeling. Dad goes down in cardiac arrest in front of all the family and you cardiovert em back makes you feel like you have a sence of purpose. Then seeing them again somewhere afterwards alive is a cool feeling. Just depends on how you handle thing's i suppose. But pressure, yeah theres a lot weighing on your shoulders some times. Then other times, You dont even have to think about anything your hand's just start working on ther own. I love it.

All medic's have a morbid sense of humor that general lay public doesnt really like or appriciate haha, But we have to do something to keep our sanity. A lot of people burn out in this field because either they've just seen to much gore and death, Or they find a job 10x easier for 10x more money lol. Were on the lower end of the pay scale in the medical field but we do some of the same procedures that the only person the can do them is a doctor. Were still havent figured that out yet...

Stark
08-14-2009, 02:39 AM
Thank ya everyone for the welcomes.

Hmmm... It's a adrenalin rush. It has it's up and down's. Picking up a 400lb patient off the floor doesnt really make me go celebrate, And getting brain matter in my hair and on my shirt doesnt make me want to go eat jello right afterwards. But baby stops breathing and you getting em breathing again is a good feeling. Dad goes down in cardiac arrest in front of all the family and you cardiovert em back makes you feel like you have a sence of purpose. Then seeing them again somewhere afterwards alive is a cool feeling. Just depends on how you handle thing's i suppose. But pressure, yeah theres a lot weighing on your shoulders some times. Then other times, You dont even have to think about anything your hand's just start working on ther own. I love it.

All medic's have a morbid sense of humor that general lay public doesnt really like or appriciate haha, But we have to do something to keep our sanity. A lot of people burn out in this field because either they've just seen to much gore and death, Or they find a job 10x easier for 10x more money lol. Were on the lower end of the pay scale in the medical field but we do some of the same procedures that the only person the can do them is a doctor. Were still havent figured that out yet...

you see that stuff never made sense to me - you would think that the Government has a general interest to keep their citizens healty AND to attract the bright and good to certain jobs they want only the bright and good to perform - policing is another matter.

And btw welcome to the Terror dome ;)

Markoxx
08-14-2009, 04:42 AM
oh damn im hit. i need a medic plzzzz lol.

sparkie
09-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Glad you posted. My son is a new EMT1 now and has been volunteering. I worry about him, only 19, and in a very short span has had 3 losses. He seems ok,,,,but dads worry.
Do they always give the newbe the rough stuff?

GTFPDQ
09-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Have fun DJ, great guy on here.

usmc5
09-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Welcome!!!! Prior to you pulling up a chair could you make some popcorn for the crew??? Thanks and welcome to the show! :excited: